Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use VOIP and forget Eircom

• 17-08-2004 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have been using voip for the last year and have slashed my monthly bill .
    I use a few different providers like FWD Voicetalk.org and Skype.
    For brodband to broadband calls Skype is great with almost studio quality and totally free ! for pstn calls I use voicetalk with rates to Europe and US about 3c a min . My voip and FWD accounts are connected to my cordless phone so I can use it anywhere in house . You don't even need the pc switched on as the adaptor connects directly to your router.

My next mission is to sign up with Lingo an american service they offer unlimited calls to US /Canada and Western Europe for €19.99 a month .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

intersplat wrote:
    I have been using voip for the last year and have slashed my monthly bill .
    I use a few different providers like FWD Voicetalk.org and Skype.
    For brodband to broadband calls Skype is great with almost studio quality and totally free ! for pstn calls I use voicetalk with rates to Europe and US about 3c a min . My voip and FWD accounts are connected to my cordless phone so I can use it anywhere in house . You don't even need the pc switched on as the adaptor connects directly to your router.

My next mission is to sign up with Lingo an american service they offer unlimited calls to US /Canada and Western Europe for €19.99 a month .
    With Telestunt you can make calls to most of Europe, and the US and Canada for the price of a local call.

If you have to pay you line rental anyway, then you might as well use the phone as a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭EvilDoctorK

Intersplat - got any more details about the hardware you use

I use VOIP a bit myself alright but it would be very interesting to get it to work with an actual phone handset for making outbound calls .. or better still receiving inbound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ripwave wrote:
    With Telestunt you can make calls to most of Europe, and the US and Canada for the price of a local call.

If you have to pay you line rental anyway, then you might as well use the phone as a phone.

Aye, I'm very pleased with the savings I made on Telestunt. Chopped €10 of my international call costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Can you give specific URL's to the services and hardware you are using.

For local calls what do you pay?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to BB

• Advertisement
Advertisement