Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV the UPside

• 17-08-2004 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

I know we are debating this to death here but I felt this was worth a mention in it's own right .

A lot of ppl here know I am transferring my dsl back to eircom , this is strictly a gaming decision , nothing more nothing less .

But I felt I should pay tribute to some of the ppl working in UTV that have no control over the equipment the use .

The girls in a/c's could not have been more helpful , Racheal , who always answers in the happiest of tones and especially Harriett who could not have done more to make this transfer as easy as possible . The girl has gone above and beyond the call of duty to facilitate this transfer . All other services should be so lucky to have someone of her abilities working for them .

John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

jonski wrote:
    The girls in a/c's could not have been more helpful , Racheal , who always answers in the happiest of tones and especially Harriett who could not have done more to make this transfer as easy as possible . The girl has gone above and beyond the call of duty to facilitate this transfer . All other services should be so lucky to have someone of her abilities working for them .

Don't just state it here. Write an email to the bosses in UTV. We have the right to criticise when services are inadequate and shoddy but it should also be our duty to praise those that give us good service.

Why not make this a UTV praise thread ? Let everyone with good UTV stories post here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

damien.m wrote:
    Why not make this a UTV praise thread ? Let everyone with good UTV stories post here !

erm, errrrr, anyone see Corrie last night? Classic episode and I praise UTV for that. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Since the few hours downtime last week clicksilver has been flying along for me - if only it didn't take them SIX WEEKS to fix it i'd be heaping praise on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea same. Also, I'm not holding my breath that it'll stay this good, afterall it was super for a few weeks after the last upgrade too.

But yea, I agree with damien, if the support folks were helpful let their bosses know... might get them a bonus ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I know we are debating this to death here but I felt this was worth a mention in it's own right .

A lot of ppl here know I am transferring my dsl back to eircom , this is strictly a gaming decision , nothing more nothing less .

But I felt I should pay tribute to some of the ppl working in UTV that have no control over the equipment the use .

John.

so basically what your saying is the UPside to utv clicksilver is you can leave it and go to eircom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

Well I can say something good about UTV...albeit still dial in...

a) They were prepared to let me out of a brand new UTVIP contract when it became apparent Esat were offering 250 hours flat rate and they could not match it. I thought about this and decided that I could not get used to Esat ("You are a BAD PERSON, you have not been keeping your use of our NOLIMITS service within UNDEFINED LIMITS") "service" again after that.

b) I had a lot of problems with phone and internet that were malicious in origin and without the assistance and advice of UTVIP support who actually know what they are talking about, I do not think I could EVER have got either sorted out.

c) I have called UTV support for advice on viruses, malware and "misc other" internet problems on other people's PCs when the relevant ISP support has only been able to say "Duh?", and UTV are usually aware of the problem, and able to offer useful advice on overcoming it.

I do notice the "ping" issues, sometimes it's unbelievably bad even for dial in.

I wish SOMEONE would decide there was a profit to be made in finding a way to offer broadband to rural areas at the same price as ADSL.

G

Advertisement