Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly BSOP Final (August)

Options
  • 17-08-2004 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Well Hyzepher doesn't seem to have posted about this (probably beacuse he isnt in it for the first time :D ) so i'll start the thread going.

So when and where suits everybody? Personally instead of trekking out to somebody's house or apartment I'd prefer to just hold it in the Fitz sometime. I would assume we can go in anytime after 4pm on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, tell them we're having a single table tournament and pay €5 per head to the club.

Although its an extra expense I imagine most of us would spend that on taxis/buses out to whoevers hosting it anyway. What do people think?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'll also volunteer my place but the Fitz would be fine with me.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye, the Fitz is grand for me. I'd offer my place too (which has the benefit of not being smoke free) but personally would prefer the Fitz. It would cost us a fiver a head basically. We could play Saturday afternoon from 4pm and get a proper dealer too.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Anywhere is fine with me. Is there any chance of playing the final this weekend, or maybe the thursday next week. I have to go away on a stag for the weekend after.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

This Saturday at 4pm is fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

this saturday is a problem for me.

can we make it the last weekend of the month as usual, sat 28th?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This saturday is out for me. The final was announced to be on the 29th-31st. This saturday isnt really a runner for me but Sunday or the weekend 29-31st is fine.

Now that the finalists are decided, why not make the draw for the next heats and give everyone a headstart organising places and times?

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

DeVore wrote:
    Now that the finalists are decided, why not make the draw for the next heats and give everyone a headstart organising places and times?
    DeV.

All in hand - should be out in next day or so

Hyzepher

I fyou guys can agree a date I will ask Luke to allow us to play it without a cost to the club - I'm sure most will stay on to play STT or the like?

Hyzepher

If Waylander cant play that weekend at all, I have no objection to Sunday this weekend but we need to be quick about telling people...

DeV.

Luke was very keen on this when he spoke to me about it. I told him to talk to you about it so hopefully it should be ok. Either way, 5 quid is less then the cost of a taxi to someones house and we get all the chips, cards dealer without hassle...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I don't think the Fitz should be charging for this game. 1 table for a couple of hours once a month. I think they could and shoul dlet it slide.

MrP

DeVore wrote:
    This saturday is out for me. The final was announced to be on the 29th-31st. This saturday isnt really a runner for me but Sunday or the weekend 29-31st is fine.

DeV.

the last weekend of the month is 27th-29th

im off on holidays on the 29th so the fri eve or sat is fine for me.

this sunday is cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

MrPudding wrote:
    I don't think the Fitz should be charging for this game. 1 table for a couple of hours once a month.
    There's no harm in asking. If not I would recommend offering a fee of 3 euro per head. A regular sit and go takes ten percent and lasts an hour, usually at a tenner a head - 9 or 10 euro to the house. BSOP heats are generally around 3 hours long, so it would work out around the same. Can't see too many people complaining about a 3 euro charge. Despite Boards members' regular business in the Fitz - it's still a table that could be making money for the club were it not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

This weekend and next will be problematic for me during the day, anytime from 7 on I would be fine, but can't play in the afternoons due to prior commitments.

Either that or 6-7 on Thursday or Friday week before the main events in the fitz if we're playing there...

Ok well it looks like somebody is going to miss out. If it is me so be it. I can play this Sunday but will not be able to make the following weekend unless it is on hte Thursday evening. If this does not suit most then that is cool.

Thursday week is the night of the Fitz €270 tournament. I doubt they want us taking up a table beforehand when they're trying to organise single table tourneys for qualification and a 6pm freeroll and besides I haven't got a ticket yet so want to play in those :). What about this Thursday at 6pm?

This thursday is fine for me.

DeV.

this is going to get complicated. i cant this week unless its sunday evening. either that or fri/sat week.

so far i think this sunday suits most people?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

can't play this thursday

can play this sat/sunday
    or the following sat/sunday

fitz is good idea

DOES ANYONE OBJECT TO THIS SUNDAY AT 4PM in the Fitz ???

DeV.

• Advertisement

I can't play at 4 on Sunday, best I could do is 7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

this sunday would be great for me, I will be out of the country for the last weekend of the month so would have to miss the final if it's on then.

I could offer my place for the final if you guys want? If we're going to have it at 7pm the fitz might not want us taking up valuable space. And my place has plenty of room. We'd have to be done by 10 o clock though.

Greg

I dont think we'll get a table at 7 because we would go on into the 20-in. Indeed I'd like to *play* in the 20-in! :)
    We dont have to use the Fitz of course, we can always use my place but again would prefer if we werent playing on Sunday evening. If its the only time we can play then ok.

Anyone have a problem with Sunday 7pm?? If we were taking a table from the 20-in we'd definitely have to pay a fiver but I'd be fine with that.

Hyzepher, next month can we fix a time/place for the heats and to hell with those that cant make it (even if thats me) as it will save all this messin'

DeV.

quozl wrote:
    this sunday would be great for me, I will be out of the country for the last weekend of the month so would have to miss the final if it's on then.

I could offer my place for the final if you guys want? If we're going to have it at 7pm the fitz might not want us taking up valuable space. And my place has plenty of room. We'd have to be done by 10 o clock though.

Greg
    how long have other finals taken? Gary could you make it 6? 6:30?
    I doubt we'd be done in 3 hours, would we?

Quozl you're place is great, better then mine for a large group.

DeV.

What about a Tuesday in the Fitz - they only have the 5 card draw game and I would imagine the table upstairs would be free.

If you guys can agree by tomorrow 6pm then I will enforce a date.

Hyzepher

I could probably make 6.30, but 6 would be out. If it was starting at 6.30 you could blind me away until I arrive, if you want to put it off until a Tuesday evening that would suit as well.

Either would suit me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think every time and place mentioned is fine with me. Just to be different :)

Tuesday is a LOT better for me than Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I'll be at the white stripes tuesday :(
    But if it suits everyone else that's fine with me.

Would monday or wednesday 6.30 at my place suit everyone? Long shot I know :)

Greg

Advertisement