Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working 2 jobs

Options
  • 17-08-2004 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

I was wonderig if you are working 2 jobs, do you get screwed on tax on the 2nd one...maybe I am worong but i thibk someone told me this

any ifo? or websites as revenue.ie is no help to me at all.

paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

AFAIK you can split your tax credits between the two in whatever ratio you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

If you work one or 10 jobs you still have the same amount of Tax credits, its up to you to choose how best to divide them. If one of the jobs is part-time or temporary, it makes sense to have fewer tax credits asociated with it than your higher paid post.
    If you ring your Tax office they will sort out your credits in the way that suits you best.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It would be treated the same if you were earning more in the first job and therefore more likely to attract tax.

If I were you, I wouldn't split the credits - assign them all to the higher paid job and sort it out at the end of the year. A lot less hassle. Too much bull going around with split tax credits.

Advertisement