Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Pioneer VSX-C402 receiver?

Options
  • 17-08-2004 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of getting into the Home Cinema, and I found a package that looks very very interesting:
    http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/50-pioneer-hc-53-sk-multi-region-dvd-system.html

I know I want that DVD player, I have a previous model, and DivX support makes this a perfect choice. However, I know next to nothing about the receiver and speakers, except that they're made by Pioneer :)

The receiver in question is Pioneer VSX-C402, 3 scart inputs, 1 output.

Now, my biggest question is, can I use it for playing CD's, TV and Video, as well as DVD playback?

I've noticed on most Home Cinema packages (all-in-ones) that the 6 speakers only work with 5.1 DVD's, and if you're playing a CD it only plays it on 2 speakers, and TV audio only plays on the TV's speakers.

Here's what I thought of doing:
    Scart from receiver to TV - 1 output.
    Scart from DVD player to receiver - 1 input.
    Scart from digibox to receiver - 1 input.
    Scart from VCR to receiver - 1 input.

Would the receiver forward on the video signal to the TV, and split the audio signal from the scart cable (if it's stereo) to the 6 speakers, or does it only play the audio if it comes through the optical/coax connection ?

Apologies if this sounds confusing. I know what I'd like, but may not know how to put it into words :)

Advertisement