Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playing ye oldie games on XP\2000?

Options
  • 17-08-2004 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

how do ye get yer old win95\3.x\dos games to play on win XP\2000 machines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

its a dos emulator for windows xp
    theres a tutorial somehwere il post when i find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DrColossus

yea i cant get alpha centauri workin on XP and its really pi**in me off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Or, right click the games exe file, select 'compatibility mmode' and choose the os the game was intended to run on. Compatibility mode is picky about what games it likes to run tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

On a similar note, I've been trying for ages to get FF7 working on my Win2K pc, and it's really starting to do my head in! I've tried downloading all the game patches, including the XP compatability one, but no luck so far! Has anybody acrually managed to get it working? If so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Same here, I can't get it working with XP, even when patched to the max. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

DrColossus wrote:

Theres a patch for alpha centauri to run on xp. Google it its out there somewhere. Was playing it myself a few weeeks ago.

Advertisement