Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aerial Maps

• 17-08-2004 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this website a few years ago, which had aerial photographed maps of Ireland, I've been searching for it for ages on Google and cant find it, anyone know the website, I'm talking about?

P.S> couldn't think where else to post this

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do a location search on myhome.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

They used to have them on Mapflow.com, but I don't think they do anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

iol.ie used to have a mapping service that could show a phot aswell
    think they took it down due to lack of interest
    that might be the one your thinking of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I don't think it was due to the lack of interest. What they did was when they realised how popular it was they started charging for it so then people all of a sudden stopped using it, I wonder why. If it is not available anymore IOL have only themselves to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Mapflow provide the likes of myhome, dto.ie and pretty much all the rest with maps.
    So when you use them you're using Mapflow's products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I think you might be thinking of www.terraserver.com which has loads of satelite imagery but you can still find Ireland on it, although i can't seem to find the pic they used to have there of dublin where you could see individual houses, the site has been revamped a few times since i was last there a few years ago.

Also I found this site recently which has some really nice overall pics of Ireland if you go to the image gallery and search for Ireland.

http://modis.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/index.php#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah it was Iol that I was looking for

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement