Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot/Slayer?

Options
  • 17-08-2004 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hey, does anyone know if they might be playin ireland too, when they tour the uk in a few mths?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

nope i think slayer will come back on their own but i don't think slipknot are coming and it wont be tillk the new album gets put out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

When might Slayer be gracing our humble shores?
    *excitement*

maybe they will tour with the dvd live version of reing in blood??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

they may be coming. i don't think the european dates have been fully confirmed for the tour (there's a slipknot/slayer "co-headliner" tour), so you never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 claire9

well this time last yr, Machine Head announced their uk dates, and didn't announce dublin until around september, so it could happen

• Advertisement

i guess its still possible and i hope it happens but not sure if it will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

i missed them by a day when they came through.
    but my friends saw them and have rubbed it in to all hell

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hope Slayer come. They always put on a great show. Hopefully they'll play alot of their old stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Yeah i missed it when Slipknot were supporting Metallica!.....Was due to my mates holding me up and public transport so was a tad disappointed at that but Metallica more than made up for it! :D

Wouldnt mind Slipknot coming here again though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pantera

Would definitely like to see slayer again... they ruled at ozzfest. If they do come back thought I would like to here all the old stuff.

• Advertisement

Was never a Slayer fan to be honest!.....All me mates were into them and they couldnt for the life of them understand why i didnt like them!HEHE what can ya do ay!

You'll be blown away if you go to one of their concerts. They've got some classic heavy material too.

Well i did actually see Slayer at ozzfest 2002!......or was Slayer playing then, not too sure!Was quite intoxicated at that time!HAHA.....Just never got into them really!.....not my cup of tea so to speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Slayers current live set consists of them playing Reign In Blood the album all the way from Angel Of Death to Agressive Perfector. That'd be so sweet. Slipknot are brilliant they need there own show and not supporting metallica *cough*. They are brilliant on Disasterpieces. wouldn't the Ambassador be the greatest venue for Slayer/Slipknot

Yeah, its a great place for a gig. It would be too small of a venue for Slipknot and Slayer, Slayer alone would be too big for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 claire9

i reckon the point would be great for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The Point is one of the biggest sound destroyers ever, rivalled only by the RDS. I'm not big on the Ambassador either, saw Queens of the Stone Age there and I couldn't hear the bass during a bass solo. Vicar Street all the way.

And I saw Slayer at Ozzfest too, they were so disappointing. The gig put me off even listening to the cd's up until recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DemoniZed

I don't think that the Slayer/Slipknot tour is coming to Ireland cos i know the guy who makes their website and he says he doesnt think so.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw in Metal Hammer (I think) some details about their double header show in London. Comments from Kerry King were something like "We'll probably play Reign In Blood from start to finish like we've been doing in other shows recently."

Cool.

Then Corey Taylor said something along the lines of "If they think they're gonna steal the show, our fans will show them what we're all about" or some other such bull.

When I finally got off the floor and stopped laughing at the mere suggestion that Slipknot could possibly be on par with Slayer (never mind better), I then realised that if Slayer go on first, there won't be any Slipknot fans left to "show what they're all about" so I felt that this would work out quite well as Slipknot would once again have a whole host of nastiness thrown at them like what happened to them in France a few months ago.

Maybe it's all just a neat way of getting rid of all the Slipknot fans...

I'm not big on the Ambassador either, saw Queens of the Stone Age there and I couldn't hear the bass during a bass solo.
    You need ear plugs there the sound is mixed for that when i put my fingers in my ears at Distillers could hear everything better.

Slipknot are a brilliant band they just got connected with mini-rockers which is horrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I dont see the big fascination with Slipknot.They're not that good at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

i like em
    they put on a good show with metallica

pity about the sound tho the RDS is ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

eah, you need a smaller venue for good sound, or a well-designed one like Slane. I vote Slayer in the Music Centre! That's be so much fun, and slaughter! :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I see your point Mat (if I may address you as such?) - the "kids" got onto the Slipknot wagon cause they're the most obviously metal "looking" act around in time to catch a hold of the new opportunities for metal (brought on by Rage Against The Machine, Korn and to a certain extend Cypress Hill) and obvious poster-boys for the whole thing.

My particular problem with them is that they had the potential to be one of the greatest bands ever - I honestly believe that - if they only had a proper metal singer and got rid of those 2 useless fuckwits that hit the barrels or whatever. Their first album is still something I listen to quite often, but my tastes have moved onto much heavier things these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

i have been scouring the net looking for info on the unholy alliance tour. coming here didnt exactly lift my spirits any. slipknot are apparently a bunch of **** in person but i dont care! as long as i see them again! never seen slayer live although the very thought of it makes me shiver with excitement. slipknot are one of my favorite bands ever but they should know their place and go on before slayer out of sheer respect if nothing else. these two bands simply must come to dublin. they must!!! if not then i'll probably start saving to go to download next year. its a foregone conclusion theyll be in the lineup for that. (or is it..... :confused: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 rootofallevil

saw slayer in the Point for Tattoo the Planet bout 3yrs ago, huge disappointment, may as well have put on a CD and had paper cut-outs on stage. it would have sounded better and had as much life in it. Used to be a huge fan before that but have barely listened to them since. i actually think i would go see slipknot before i'd go see slayer again, thats how bad they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Will never understand why people like slipknot they are untalented fools with a crap image.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 slayer9603

I am MAN wrote:
    Will never understand why people like slipknot they are untalented fools with a crap image.

I don't know, I used to think like you did but I now I have some new found respect for them for entertaining me on numerous occasions. However I totally respect opinion.

As for the Slayer/Slipknot show, I'm dying to see it. I met Kerry King at Ozzfest in Ohio last august and asked him if they had any plans to come to Ireland, he said they had no plans to return, and judging by his lack of interest in the topic, I assumed he did not care and proceeded to praise him.

saw slayer in the Point for Tattoo the Planet bout 3yrs ago, huge disappointment, may as well have put on a CD and had paper cut-outs on stage. it would have sounded better and had as much life in it. Used to be a huge fan before that but have barely listened to them since. i actually think i would go see slipknot before i'd go see slayer again, thats how bad they were.
    Slayer were excellent at Ozzfest. They were far better than they were at TTP. They were the best band at Ozzfest by far too.

Slipknot going on their performance this year are absolutely abysmal live. I've never seen such a crap performance even from a pub band.

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote:
    I see your point Mat (if I may address you as such?) - the "kids" got onto the Slipknot wagon cause they're the most obviously metal "looking" act around in time to catch a hold of the new opportunities for metal (brought on by Rage Against The Machine, Korn and to a certain extend Cypress Hill) and obvious poster-boys for the whole thing.

Yes you can call me that and i agree with the part i quoted.

I thought they were very good live mind you I'm a pretty big fan of Slipknot. they got a hell of a lot of energy. it was just because it was open air most bands lose effect in "Stadium" situations if they'd been in an inclosed venue they'd have killed.

Advertisement