Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Results Here!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

god i wish they gave the results online from midnight....

saying that i have lost my pin number...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

everything is ready for the results online, but they arent give it away until noon, them bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

That was the best sleep i've had all week.... Wow, 30 mins to go :p Better get dressed and head out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

oeNeo wrote:
    Im actually incredibly worried. If I don't get over 540 points I'm officially fucked. All of my sisters got 540+ so there's a bit of pressure on me to keep the trend going. I know it's stupid and all, but the only reason I'm worried is because of my parents. They will actually kick my ass out of the house and make me live with my eldest sister if I don't do as well as I hope to.

No more TFC for Neo.

Good luck lads. WIN WIN WIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Jesus. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Well, I'm sitting in work on my own with my results... I got 480. I'm happy enough, I know it's a good result and I don't need to worry about getting into my course or anything, but I'm a little bit disappointed... I'll get them checked anyway.

Irish - 0A2
    English - HB2
    Mathematics - HB3
    French - HA1
    Physics - HB3
    Chemistry - HC1
    Biology - HB2
    LCVP - Distinction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Irish: Pass C3
    English: Higher C1
    Maths: Pass A1
    Geography: Higher C1
    French: Higher C3
    Physics: Higher B3
    Chemistry: Higher C3

Total of 395! :D no work does pay off!! (except physcis, worked my ass of for that :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

was expecting an A1 in french, got a d3 :( . i'll well be appealing that. oh but my fury is none compared to that of the French teacher's this morning at the generally terrible results.... anyone else do bad in french? im sure there'll be plenty of these type stories as the day goes on and more people get their results.

but im happy overall, make no mistake.

Can we merge this and the "results" topic? or keep results, in the results topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can we merge this and the "results" topic? or keep results, in the results topic!
    I wasn't going to, but seeing as you're so luverly ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

545. Got A1s in my two favouritest subjects (English and History) so am quite happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

English HC1
    Maths OB1
    Irish OB3
    Geography HC2
    German HB3
    (Physics HE)
    Accounting HD2

Gives a grand total of 340, do you people think should bother appealing the E in physics, I think i would at most reach a D2, and therefore get another 10 or 15 points, I already dont have enough points for my course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

oeNeo wrote:
    Im actually incredibly worried. If I don't get over 540 points I'm officially fucked. All of my sisters got 540+ so there's a bit of pressure on me to keep the trend going. I know it's stupid and all, but the only reason I'm worried is because of my parents. They will actually kick my ass out of the house and make me live with my eldest sister if I don't do as well as I hope to.

Sorry and thats a problem, personaly I'd tell them to go swivel on it, and move out even if you got 540+ what bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

570 wow

bio phys chemo maths A1
    applied maths A2
    english b2

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^__^^

and who says people are failing science more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Well I didn't get 540.

385 isn't bad, but I doubt my parents are going to think the same. Im just waiting until they get home from work to let them hear it. Might as well start packing my bags now.. it's a long bus journey to Conemara..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Irish B1 [alright considering I'm fluent ;)]
    English B2 [yippie]
    Math [only pass] B2
    French D1
    Buisness C3 [appealing]
    Art C1

390 overall.

Means I'm going to Galway, mroe thank likely.

Let ya'll know monday.

Congrats all, and thanks for the support over the months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Healio wrote:
    Gives a grand total of 340, do you people think should bother appealing the E in physics, I think i would at most reach a D2, and therefore get another 10 or 15 points, I already dont have enough points for my course?

View the script first and see if you think you'll get any more marks if you appeal. Can't hurt to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

claire h wrote:
    View the script first and see if you think you'll get any more marks if you appeal. Can't hurt to try.

I knew the minute i walked out I had failed, but I'll probaly get it rechecked, id rather not have an E hangin over me for the rest of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

alright new rule: no overachievers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

oeNeo wrote:
    Well I didn't get 540.

385 isn't bad, but I doubt my parents are going to think the same. Im just waiting until they get home from work to let them hear it. Might as well start packing my bags now.. it's a long bus journey to Conemara..

what course does that give you? if you applied on the CAO that is. I wouldn't worry. you'll find that it'll all work out and in a year your points won't matter a bit.

well done!

Healio wrote:
    i'd rather not have an E hangin over me for the rest of my life.

why? who's gonna remember? they don't put Leaving Cert results on gravestones people.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

quarryman wrote:
    why? who's gonna remember? they don't put Leaving Cert results on gravestones people.
    Exactly. Once you're in college, your leaving cert results are irrelevent. All I remember now is how many points I got, and the general makeup of marks. I've no idea of my exact grades. My CV just Says - Leaving Cert 2000 - 6 Honours, 1 Pass..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah now that yer finished it, ye can be let in on what an over-rated thing they are ;) i don't know half my results and i'm only finished 2 yrs........give it 2 months and u won't remember if u got an A1 or an E or care for that matter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

quarryman wrote:
    what course does that give you? if you applied on the CAO that is. I wouldn't worry. you'll find that it'll all work out and in a year your points won't matter a bit.

well done!

To my parents the course or grade is irrelevent. All they want is me to get as many points as possible. I chose Computer Science and I got what I needed for it, but THEY wanted me to get 540+ points, which I didnt. And now Im going to get absolutely slaughtered come 5:30pm.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mmm, 355, I'll probably be joining DCUs ranks of Computer Apllicationists :D .

So, in total I have Quals in ten subjects (x being stuff from last year held over):

English: C2 (H)
    Irish: C3 (O)x
    Math: B2 (O)
    Chemistry: C3 (H)
    Geography: C3 (H)
    Physics: D3 (H)x
    Biology: B3 (H)
    Economics: D3 (H)
    Classical Studies: D2 (H)
    French: C1 (O)x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

535:
    Maths: a1
    Applied Maths: a1
    Tech Graphics: a2
    Physics: b1
    Geography: b2
    English: b2
    Music: B2
    German: B3
    Pass irish: B2

All in all, about 40 points more than what i was hoping for, and over 150 points more than what i need :D:D:D:D

oeNeo wrote:
    To my parents the course or grade is irrelevent. All they want is me to get as many points as possible. I chose Computer Science and I got what I needed for it, but THEY wanted me to get 540+ points, which I didnt. And now Im going to get absolutely slaughtered come 5:30pm.

look, are you happy with what you got?

if so, then tell them that. if they still aren't happy then what difference does it make? As a teacher used to repeatedly screech in my secondary school "Its YOUR leaving cert students!" :)

where are you doing Comp Science btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Well it looks like all the posters on boards.ie are BRAINIACS!!! My sis got her results. She got 440. She did all honours except Maths

Irish B2
    Eng B1
    Maths C1
    History C2
    Geo C3 (very disappointed with this, she was expecting a high B or A)
    French B3
    Bilogy B3

anyone else disappointed with some of their results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

oeNeo wrote:

Hopefully daddy will beat you hard enough with the belt that you will realise you are not a kid anymore. Seriously, stop acting so stupid. I mean WTF?

Advertisement