Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Results Here!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

One of my Friends got 800 points in the leaving isent that fuking crazy,
    I thought the maximum was 600 points. Did he/she do the exam "as Gaeilge" and get bonus points or something to that effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

i Know but he did 8 subjects and got 8 A1's

i Know but he did 8 subjects and got 8 A1's
    That still aint 800 points, you only include the top 6 subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Do they still give extra points for maths (or was it applied maths)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

OK he got 8A1s fair enough if it aint 800 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

yeah my cousin got the same a few years back but spent every spare minute studying. He'd even forget to eat.
    They let him skip first year in med school too because of his geniusnessous (I didn't get the same)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

OK he got 8A1s fair enough if it aint 800 points

Still f***in crazy alright.

It really annoys me when people go round saying I got 8 honours when they did all ordinary level subjects.
    You can only get an honour in a higher level subject. Once you drop to ordinary level, you forfeit your chance of achieving an honours mark.
    The best result achievable in an Ordinary level paper is a pass

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

for christ sake let people think what they want, i hope you don't go around taking wind out of their sails on the day of their results telling them that.
    It's an exam, you get college, everything else does not matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

TomTom wrote:
    for christ sake let people think what they want, i hope you don't go around taking wind out of their sails on the day of their results telling them that.
    It's an exam, you get college, everything else does not matter.

Indeed like all things it's importance decreases over time, likewise when you finish university/college your degree will be important when it comes to getting a job, after a couple of years work experience it won't matter nearly as much though as say when your a graduate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is there any point appealing if I know I have my course? It costs €37 per subject, which is a bit of a rip off...

Out of all the repeats last year 3 got marked down.
    If you can go up in any of your points after viewing your script, you should get em re checked.
    You never know in 3 years you might decide you want to go and do a different course and you're minus 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

i got 200 points.
    I am very pleased with that. Studied very hard but i find it more difficult than most so i am happy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

well done in ur results all:)

Not everyone is capable of really high points so try not to snub or turn their noses up at those that did less well then you.

I got twice the points that my best friend got but she had to work a hell of alot harder then me for her lc so therefore did much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

The three rsults I'm most happy with are

Physics - H - D3 (I failed Physics last year and that's the only reason I repeated)

Maths - O - A2 (Up from a B2 last year)

Classical Studies - H - C1 (Highest failure rate, not for me. Better than my D2 last year.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

330POINTS!! yepee DCU computer applications here i come

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

most happy with:

Physics, got a B3 in higher, after failing all of the tests my teacher gave to me and he constantly told me to do pass. I got 40% (39.75%) in the mocks and have worked my ass of since then to make sure I kept that, ended up getting my B3 and couldnt be happier

Also got a C3 in Irish (pass) and anyone who knows me will tell you I SUCK at Irish, have failed every test EVER since 3rd year, even failed the mocks. Just put down veerything and anything and they give you some marks :D

Not to happy with:

English, higher C1, same as mocks, thought I may have gotten a B

Geography , higher C1, same as mocks, same as above, I think geography is an easy subject in one sense, but to score high is a different matter, or maybe our teacher is an idiot I dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Well congrats to you all and I hope you all get where you want to go. And as for the people who got a A1 or A2 in maths or applied maths..... (nards) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

most happy with:

Physics, got a B3 in higher, after failing all of the tests my teacher gave to me and he constantly told me to do pass. I got 40% (39.75%) in the mocks and have worked my ass of since then to make sure I kept that, ended up getting my B3 and couldnt be happier

Also got a C3 in Irish (pass) and anyone who knows me will tell you I SUCK at Irish, have failed every test EVER since 3rd year, even failed the mocks. Just put down veerything and anything and they give you some marks :D

Not to happy with:

English, higher C1, same as mocks, thought I may have gotten a B

Geography , higher C1, same as mocks, same as above, I think geography is an easy subject in one sense, but to score high is a different matter, or maybe our teacher is an idiot I dunno
    rofl, I also failed every Irish exam I ever did since after 3rd year, but then got a B3 in the leaving. My teacher sucked... :(

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mmm, I was a bit miffed at my English, Classics and Geog results, thought I'd do better in em tbh.

I got Honours in all my sciences this year though, which was a mad turnaround. Moved from a D3 to a C3 in Chem and a D1 to a B3 in Biology 0_o . KEWL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Bullockshaver

im well pissed off got 450 really annoyed with the B1 in physics i had the exam perfect like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Korny

English H,A2
    Irish H,A1
    Geography H,A1
    Biology H,A1
    Maths O,A1
    Physics H,B1
    French H,B1

All in all tis 560,well chuffed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

600. 2 years ago. and i am doing software development. Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Maths: A1
    Physics: A1
    Biology: A1
    Chemistry: A2
    Applied Maths: A2
    English: B3

If I could've done six subjects I like it would've been higher. Stupid English!
    Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

600. 2 years ago. and i am doing software development. Loving it.

Ahhh, humilty is a virtue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Got 445 points in total, absoultely delighted!

Irish - Ordinary A2
    English - Higher A2
    Maths - Higher B3
    Geog - Higher B3
    Physics - Higher B2
    Tech Drawing - Higher B3
    French - Ordinary B1 (excluded this one, as expected!)

Couldn't have asked for better results, overshot my 385 target by a good bit! My English result just further proves that that subject is just all over the shop marking scheme wise. I've never ever gotten near an A result in any English exam in my life and wouldn't call myself exactly talented at the subject and I manage to pull out an A here. English all depends on the examiner. Grinds helped me out a good bit for maths and physics. Goodbye school forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Congrats Swifty :) What were you going for course wise ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

I'm a bit cheesed off tbh...

I feel like a sap complaining about 455, it's a good result but I thought i was gonna break 500.

Maths - H - C1
    Irish - O - B3
    English - H - B3
    Spanish - O - B2
    TD (Eng) - H - C1
    Economics - H - B2
    App Maths - H - B1
    Chemistry - H - B3

Wanted Economics and Finance in UCD. Was 475 last year on the 3rd round so it's gonna be very touch 'n go, assuming that like most business courses the points fall.

I'm going to have a look at Economics, TD, Chemstry and Maths. Was pissed off with TD, the Engineering paper was unfair in places and after a heap of work and a sh*te teacher i felt I deserved more. Thought Economics was an A and Maths a good B... ah well

Fingers crossed for Monday and best of luck to the rest of you whose fate is hangin' in the balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

500:
    Irish- B1- H
    English- B2- H
    Maths- A1- O
    Geog- B1- H
    Bio- A2- H
    Art- B3- H
    Music- A2- H
    German- B3- H

Bit disappointed with english.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I did mine FIVE years ago and just managed to get into the course I wanted, came last in the LC compared to every person in my college course. Now I'm in the top five percent of the class, just goes to show that the LC is a bad guage. (I'm not going to tell you what I got cause Im sure It was harder back in the 20th century;))

Anyway I still hope that everyone did as good as they hoped and remember its AN exam not THE exam.

Advertisement