Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tales from the battleground

Options
  • 02-08-2001 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi there,
    i thought it would be nice to hear some story's about the stupidest
    things and players you have seen while playing Tribes2.
    After the "tales from the muppet world" this might be an amusing extension.
    Some little story's about a bunch of idiots...

Like a Havoc full of snipers with no flares who tried to "sniper" the nme missile-turret
    and failed.

So lets start with "the tales from the battleground" (if you want to... )

Cu
    Isegrim

[This message has been edited by Isegrim (edited 02-08-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

lol, I've never seen anything as bad as that.

The only thing that I've seen was on kabatic, I was useing a jammer and got into the enemy base smile.gif I blasted the two inv stations on the ground floor a few times with my plsama cannon and set a mine on each. Just as I put the last one on two players spawn and both head for one of the mined inv stations. Player 1 reaches the station first and gets blown to bits by the mine and explodeing station smile.gif Player 2 stares at this mess on the floor for awhile and decides to go for the second station and the same thing happens. All that time I was standing right infront of them with the sensor jammer on, it was better than a cloaking pack smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

A tank driver reversing into the Q at the vehicle pad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I was jetting along, minding my own business, setting up remote sensors and upkeeping the general well-being of the land, when I started taking fire from a sniper in a nearby tower...
    Not having any of that - I ducked around a hill out of his line-of-sight, and made my way up to his stinky little camper hole.
    I quietly jetted up to the upper level where I found him aiming out the window with his back to me.
    I walked up behind him, switched to the external view and did my "woo-hoo" dance while shooting my blaster... which, funnily enough, managed to kill him.
    So in celebration, I did another "woo-hoo" dance... still firing my blaster, only this time the shots bounced off the walls and ended up killing me.

One of the most funny things I've ever winessed in any game ever. (you'd have to have been there really)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The funniest thing Ive ever done was give an enemy sniper an airlift.....

There was a sniper covering my teams vehical pad...killing any thing that went near it...I happened to be in a shrike at the time, after a few failed attempts to land on him, I decided to ram him off his perch....

The sniper jetted out of the way and I pulled back catching him on the nose of my shrike used the turbo to get to maximum altitude, then while still keeping him on the nose of the shrike waited till my boosters recharged...all the time he was trying deperatly to shoot me. I dipped the nose and fired the turbos sending both of use in to a very fast dive....him still stuck infront of the shrike smile.gif I bailed almost at the last moment and just watched him go splat under the shrike as it exploded.....It was easily one of the funniest kills ever....even the sniper thought so...

Insanity is spreading like wildfire.......and Im at its center :p

www.scifi-meshes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Isegrim

Yesterday, i met one of the dumbest gunners i ever had.
    Let me tell you about him...

The map was sanctuary and my team was under attack by two bombers, at this point of time i spawned near the main entrance
    and i searched for cover...
    My only hope was this driverless tank right in front of me, so i jumped into the driver seat and squished an nme.
    In fact that i had a gunner i decided to drive to the nme base and cause some terror.
    Half way to the base i spotted the nme jericho and i hoped that my gunner would see our new target.
    But he didn't, he fired backwards, to the left ...
    I moved the tank a little closer towards the jericho, hoping my gunner would see the da**** thing.
    You know what happened then... jup a rocket... but it just detonated in our shield.
    NOW he should have seen the jericho and right he did!!! (yeahhh)
    One shot with the tank mortar and then switched to the chain-gun (can you belive that?), i told him to use the mortar
    one shot with the tank mortar and then switched to the chain-gun, i told him to use the mortar (again...)
    one shot with the tank mortar and then switched to the chain-gun, i told him to use the mortar (i am screaming now!!!!)
    but again one shot with the tank mortar and then switched to the chain-gun (i can't take it anymore!!!!!).
    By this point of time two nme shrikes appeared and ruined my day.
    I tried to get away from them to a more friendly environment.
    The tank was just about to blow as my gunner bailed out and luckily gets killed...
    I reached a lake where i jumped of and dived to wait for better wether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I would usualy hang by the enemy Vehicle pad and hop in anything I could get my hand on...

Bombers are best, I can NUKE the whole load of 'em, and it's such fun. Then hop out and shocklance the *******!

Same with Tanks.
    APC's are easy to shocklance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its actually quicker to take out a jericho by using the guns to deplete the shields first, then using the mortar.
    The jericho is screwy. It takes 4 or 5 rockets to take it out, but you can emtpy your magazine of mortars on it and it doesnt scratch it. easier to chain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

There was this one time at band camp... i shoved a flute up my pussy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Isegrim

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dustaz:
    Its actually quicker to take out a jericho by using the guns to deplete the shields first, then using the mortar.
    The jericho is screwy. It takes 4 or 5 rockets to take it out, but you can emtpy your magazine of mortars on it and it doesnt scratch it. easier to chain it.
    </font>

From a distance of 320? With the tank-chaingun...
    (Two impacts per minute?!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

The funnyist thing Ive ever seen was:

I was At me Bases Veichle pad and had made a Tank, I hoped in but there was nobody interested in Gunning. just then I see an nme Tank aproach. I chard at it in me tank and start harissing it. Bumping into it and runing ring round its Gunners atempts to morter me. As I keep it disstracted a nme on a wildcat nick our flag and starts to Turbo out of our base. the nme Tank side slips to get a Better angle on me and the widecat doing around 300+ Rames head on into it. The wild cat is totaled the Flag runner demolished and the nme tank has smoke poreing out of it and its nose way up in the air. I hit the jets trying to ram it and it wedges on my nose pinning both tanks. I eject and return the flag as the nme Gunner puts a morter just a litle bit too close to him self as he tries to hi tme ans both tanks explode.

"Honest Gov'ner I Didn't Shoot any of 'em"

8¬)

• Advertisement
Advertisement