Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antivirus Advice

Options
  • 17-08-2004 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

hi,
    i have a problem with IE the home page has being changed and i cant change it back! i have even went into the registry and i still cant change it back! is there a good free antivirus prog out there which will help me find the cause of the problem? or has anyone else had this problen and how did they fix it??
    thanks
    Sleepy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

go to www.download.com

1. search for Ad-Aware SE Personal edition, download it, install it, update it, scan hard drive.

2. search for Spybot Seek & Destroy v1.3, download it, install it, update it, scan hard drive.

should find the offending piece of software

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MickyJoe

Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com (personal edition free) sorted a similar problem for me about a month back. Reference file updates are frequently available and free as well. Otherwise try and find out what is running every time that you start up that could be affecting your registry.

N.B Some people reckon Ad-aware might itself collect information.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

cwshredder in case of a browser hijacker from the coolsearch camp.

Advertisement