Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes 2 - Is there no end to the muppetry???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Satchels are great on the level where you have to kill each other for flags.

I normally get around 3 or 4 flags then drop them on a satchel charge, then sit back and go farming. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Currently getting to grips with that little bastart that is the SHOCK LANCE!

hehe...

Prize muppetry indeed.

And now, after playing a while, I do actualy find the AA turrets quite good, would you beleive?

Not in the way they're meant to be used, I mean, I still say Missles are best against vehicles and such, but I found a lot of people sniping, I can use the CC to control the turret and BLAST 'em!!! biggrin.gif

They are quite good in that sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mad Elvis

Heheh, im glad to see you evil chimps are just like me...
    My game is always one of evil-prize-muppetry (to the opposing team)
    I load out as a sniper with a shocklance...take a shrike. Then I blow up enemy pulse sensors/turrets/and especially the vehicle pad with the aformentioned shrike...then park up somewhere far, far away and snipe people repairing these objects (especially the vehicle pad!)

If im feeling horny, then I'll stick a satchel charge on the vehicle pads! muhahhaaa.

Then I fly around, shooting up unsuspecting defending juggernauts, and ramming snipers off hills...after me shrike gets blown up, i enjoy sneaking around the enemy base, shocklancing defenders in the back...

*cough*, anyway, sorry for the muppetry, but i get too excited by it evil fun, as opposed to completing objectives!

Having said that now, the AA *******s ****ing rip those juggernauts Who'd camp at on a hill, and are hard to kill with sniper fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mad Elvis

Yeah, I'll need to try that! biggrin.gif
    Shame their isnt any other highly mobile gun that does as much damage...apart from the tank I suppose. I wonder if it'd be possible to drive a tank around stealthily, targeting these juggernauts, or even stop a bomber high up, but right over the to of them, without them knowing...

• Advertisement

I think they're bringing out an official expansion pack at some stage.
    Couple of new weapons and vehicles, I think.

But, man, a tank is meant to be NOISY! biggrin.gif
    Make a big noise over this side, they won't notice a few guys slipping in to **** their gens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Isegrim

Hello there, i have just registered.

Of course i know those morons out there in the t2 universe.

and i found a few new types of idiots on the servers.

1. this one is a variant of the team killer but he is afraid to be shot,
    so he uses the base turrets to attack his teammates
    (i like it being killed by my own turret)
    2. one of my "favorites" is the equipment-killer,
    this type will destroy the base equipment if he is alone
    and then switch teams.
    3. the "visitor" is a person who was killed several times by your defence,
    then changes to observer or to your team (see 2.)
    and takes a closer look at your defences, then switches back.
    4. the "show master" will talk all the time, flooding the chat hud
    and if he uses voice-com (i do) it will nearly make you go pop...
    (like <idiot> "uaaahhhhhhhhh"; "hrnnnnfnfffff"; "gnaaaaaaaa")
    i tell you this one is really awful.

i am not really good at offence but i like to do the "housekeeping"
    it is really hard to keep your defence up and running if you have morons in your team..

cu
    Isegrim

[This message has been edited by Isegrim (edited 28-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

I use to be a tank driver, mummmmmm....Infantry, hehe. Even If I couldn't get a gunner I could flaten a dosen or so heaves and draw off the enemys defenders from the base, then provide an express taxi for the flag runner to get him home safly.

Then On some levels I to to the Satchel charge defence of the Flag, Workes reall well on some levels but other... don't even bother.

Of courst there was allways the muppet who stands there looking at the satchel charge as an mne fag runner approches, then after he respawns comes right back and stares at the new one <sigh>

8¬)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Riddic

My favorite are people who join a server and just stand there ... they´re not lagging, they´re simply not playing. Either they chat or they change their settings or something.

Converts a 4 on 4 Match to a 2 on 4.

Advertisement