Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partition Magic 8.0 and SP2

Options
  • 17-08-2004 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Has anyone running SP2 recently tried using Partition Magic? I tried a few minutes ago, and I got an error message telling me that my partitions were created using a different drive geometry, and that I should immediately backup all my data, remove all partitions, and start again.

Obviously this is a bit of an extreme measure, so I decided to check PowerQuest's website. Alas, they have been taken over by Symantec, who provide no information regarding Partition Magic, except how to buy it.

Anybody experience the same problem, or should I take this error message seriously? And if everything is ok with my HD, is it back to fdisk, etc., or does anybody know of an alternative to Partition Magic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

If you did an upgrade install of the network version of XP SP2 standalone, then your partition tables should not be interfered with at all. It's something else that's causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Seems to be my install of Slackware Linux on another partition actually. Oops! Sorry SP2, my bad.

Advertisement