Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice Pls - RAC or AA

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Be interested in opinions on this meself.

adam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yup me too.. car is starting to show its age so would be handy to have..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

i dunno bout the RAC but with the AA it's you thats covered so if you'er concerned bout herself drivin and the car breakin down you'd wanna get just her covered or both of you!! I dunno how much this is but just like you to know!!

I'm with the AA (in my third year) and anytime Ive had to use it (rarely) they've been helpful and very fast!!

although someone is bound to say the exact opposite!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I don't know a lot myself as I've never used either but my dad has me on his AA membership as an associate member, I think he used to pay extra for the home start thing which means they'll sort out your car if it breaks down at the house. He stopped paying for that and reckons he just has to get someone to help him push it down the road to get the same cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Joined the AA 3 or 4 years ago and although the subscribtion has increased from £51 to about €130 I consider it good value for piece of mind. It's a nightmare having to call out for services when you are not a member...

Also have found them very good, reasonably quick and always friendly. Last time I called was with a burst tyre. The bolts were so tight I could not loosen them myself with the car's toolkit

Got meself a nice torque wrench in Lidl today for €14.99 though :D

General advice: if it is for your better, but weaker half: join. If you have a newish car: save yourself the money, unless the car is French or Italian of course ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement