Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hummer in Cork

Options
  • 17-08-2004 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Cork Monday and one of these pulled up just by me in traffic. 'Twas nearly as wide as the lane! It has local '99 plates, Any Leesiders seen it about?

shinyhummer.jpg

Mike.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Been around for a while now Mike, he uses it as a daily driver. AFAIK there's another one too, but it's brought out less often.

Prefer the pickup meself.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

His kid goes to my school (Christians) I think. See some child in a blazer inside it up on Wellington Rd every now and then so I assume he does.
    I remember a discussion somewhere here about the Hummers in Cork before but that was vBulletin 2.0 so all is lost!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dahamsta wrote:
    Been around for a while now Mike, he uses it as a daily driver. AFAIK there's another one too, but it's brought out less often.

Prefer the pickup meself.

adam
    How can anyone afford to use one of these as a daily driver? IIRC they give about 10mpg but in urban traffic thats likely to be in 10gpm!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

hah id like to see him take it around Cobh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

kbannon wrote:
    How can anyone afford to use one of these as a daily driver?
    Some people have more money than others kbannon. Strange but true.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

He comes through Bandon towards Clon most nights at around 5.30 ish.....always spotlessly clean - lot of washing in that one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

do you pay for two spaces when parking in town? where do you park it?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

****e tbh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I had a post before about seeing a Hummer in Dublin here is the link to it:

Saw a Humvee yesterday in Liffey Valley!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Anyone see the ferrari cruising around Kilkenny at the weekend? Silver 360 spider with UK plates - ridiculously low and wide :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

jeez you'd need HGV experience to manouver that through traffic..

How or why would anyone want to bring that into Ireland with the cost of
    fuel, insurance, petrol and maintenance..

Its a class looking piece of kit but why Ireland????

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

status symbol ToxicPaddy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

wouldnt class it a status symbol as such..

Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Rolls, Bentleys are cars I could consider status
    symbols.. but thats just my two cents..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭jlang

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    you'd need HGV experience to manouver that through traffic..
    Depending on which version it is you may need a truck license too. Some Hummers can weigh greater than the 3500kg max weight allowable under a car license.

jlang wrote:
    Depending on which version it is you may need a truck license too. Some Hummers can weigh greater than the 3500kg max weight allowable under a car license.

Jeez and I was only messing when i said that.. hell, thats a bit mofo if it weights
    that much.. the petrol/diesel bill on that would bring tears to yer eyes... :eek:

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

t'would also be very dangerous in an accident, not for the driver but the other cars on the road

I'd have to agree there...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hummer_050602_01.jpg

Tox

Advertisement