Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confuzzlement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

But less precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I don't know.. sportugitalianard contains the sound "nerd" which would more closely describe us, and also contains the word "sport" which is also a bad description of spitalians. And also, the word spitalian has the spit in it, so it's more insulting. And then we get to say they speak Spittalish.

Where, exactly, does the word sportugitalianard contain the word 'nerd'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I think inability to use actual words nullifies this post or any points (or lack thereof) contained within.

if u say so, but sess2 was way bettr, ur just jealous!!!!
    haha sess2 rockz!!!!!

vikki wrote:
    i shall not mention the unmentionable thing because it is unmentionable! and i wont lose because in my opinion session one was better, but its my opinion not necessarily anyone elses, dont have a go at me for my personal opinion, just accept the fact that i dont think the same way as you on the matter

im not having a go, im jus pointing out the fact that your wrong and sess2 actually was better, so ha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

They're called sportugitalianards... you... (insulting term).
    QUOTE]

I concur. Spitalian is too easy to fit into a sentance, making the chances for hilarity minimal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

where,in this photo, are all the things that make ctyi great,e.g campness,conversations between me and bill that (somehow) link the 2003 metallica gig to the shape of the universe,the campness,hobos,the campness?

why session 2 rocked:
    Hobos(dermo and brendan)the campness(colm-the jesus of camp as said in the bible:"...and the campness came together and was made man,and he was to be called COLM")and matthew getting waxed.

in conclusion:
    all that session 1 has over session 2 are eyebrows.

Where, exactly, does the word sportugitalianard contain the word 'nerd'?

It contains the sound nerd, not the word, when pronounced by someone like me.

Attention People: I, and quite probably the other sess1ers don't CARE whether or not you think session2 was better.
    I mean... it's actually just plainly stupid, what you're saying. Every session is different, you can't compare them to each other, alright? So unless someone is going to say something FUNNY or amusing, we don't want to hear it here. Perhaps make another thread "why session2 was better" or something, so that I may plainly ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Come on now, I'm not that camp, am I?

15. We had Guy.

16. We had G.O.D.

17. And finally...

we had MEEEE!

yeah, we had guy grace and meeeeeeeeee.
    hmm,no,wait that would be me grace and kevin.

thanks for mentioning me as one of the things on your list thingy kevin.

• Advertisement

even though i told more than a few people the towel story.
    sorry
    hey, rory, look what i can do

and now i leave the rest up to people's imaginations and the rumours begin to flow.
    mwah,hahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s dont let the above laugh discredit the above posts.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SeanOM

All the ways in which (this year's) session 2 was better than session 1:

10. We had Aonghus and Cat.
    Why is having Aonghus a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

SeanOM wrote:
    Why is having Aonghus a good thing?
    I often find myself wondering that

Because Aonghus is cool. Besides I didn't put him down as a reason (although I could have). I put down Aounghus and Cat because they're like the flagship couple of CTYI.

:D

Attention People: I, and quite probably the other sess1ers don't CARE whether or not you think session2 was better.
    I mean... it's actually just plainly stupid, what you're saying. Every session is different, you can't compare them to each other, alright? So unless someone is going to say something FUNNY or amusing, we don't want to hear it here. Perhaps make another thread "why session2 was better" or something, so that I may plainly ignore it.

See, i knew sess2 was better! hahahaha, sess2 wins, sess1ers are such losers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Nobody cares which session was better. Please shut up about it before this descends into a shouting match, and the mods have to hand out bans

ok ok, no1 cares. i think we all agree that sess2 was so much better

(and in fairness it was a much better session)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

All the ways in which (this year's) session 2 was better than session 1:

1. We had a fire.- then you had to have a shower rota you point? was there one? and we still had a drill :p

2. We had Willie and Ailean.Bish substituted as our junior Willie. plus we had Angela and co. instead

3. We had crossdressing day.the only reason we didn't have our usual amount of that was because Sile didn't let us have artificial holidays! *goes off in rant 'bout stupid goverment people spoiling our fun*. and any way Alex made up for it :D

4. We have more picture's on Bish's CD.Bish explained this and also we weren't attention seekers and vain. I'm not implying all sess2ers are just some :confused:

5. Dermo tee peed David's room. Dermo looked like he'd been Tee Peed, if that is it stil counts as that when it feathers your using not toilet roll

6. We had Oisin in his last year as not being an RA.we were nominated RA'S

7. We had Colm The Pimp.We had singing minstrels

8. We had Brendan The Hobo.i started that :mad:

9. We had hotter girls.We had Foxy McFox the First

10. We had Aonghus and Cat.We'd Will and 'His Boobs'

11. We had orgies.so had we AND if these are the certain types of orgies involving heads on stomachs we those of us who started that last year in sess2 all went to sess1 this year so, we gave sess1 people permission to carry on the trade

12. We had ORGIES!we had pile-ons

13. KARLSTOCK!The thing that can't be named

14. We had Film Appreciation, Yeah!so had we :cool:

15. We had Guy.Shane Duffy

16. We had G.O.D.We had Danny the human airplane

17. And finally...

we had MEEEE!
    We'd ...well to save time Dermo's entirre Ra group and some of Andrews

why session 2 rocked:
    Hobos(dermo and brendan)the campness(colm-the jesus of camp as said in the bible:"...and the campness came together and was made man,and he was to be called COLM")and matthew getting waxed.
    Oh so very wrong I'm afraid you see i was the very first pad-e-won hobo not this Brendan fool! We had duddy the campness was everywhere espeicially when 10 of the guys started grinding into Dermo, my did he look scared and Shane got waxed in our session. therefore none of your reasons were truly sess2 they all originated from the truly brilliant sess1
    however i will give you the eyebrow thing

And what made sess1 truly speicial
    1 the thing-that-shall-not-be-mentioned game
    2 It's song
    3 team sodemy
    4 dermo song
    6 i know that there was another song the dude who sang metalica-nothing else matters he used to sing it. sorry i cant remember his name
    7 Giant Bubbles
    8 Virtual Hi5s
    9 Pogo sticks
    10 RA's chasing each other round the quad everynight stealing hats

11 The Cereal tower
    12 the jam thing damit I'm sorry I can,t remember the name the someone tell me and i'll edit it
    13 Walter!!
    14 Arg Gigantis!!/ James Brown

so in all session1 was undeniably the best

• Advertisement

You can't use the thing that can't be named as a reason unless you're willing to name it (unless in was an in-joke where the idea was to not tell anyone it doesn't mean anything because it's only an in-joke term).

Also I will have to see photographic evidence of this Foxy McFox the First to be sure she is truly deserving of that title.

Also the showers we had to use instead of our normal ones were much better than our normal ones.

Also for my friends in Session 2, do you notice how after alienating myself from so many Session 2ers I've had to move into Session 1 to find more people to alienate.

at the end of the day sess2 was way better, i mean this thread was started coz sum1 couldnt find sess1 ppl, and now i think its pretty clear that sess2 owns sess1. in conclusion sess1 are jus jealous of sess2, and should jus accept the fact that they wasted their time in sess1 and bow down b4 sess2 and all its glory

oh and who gave me the neg. reputation thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Bish substituted as our junior Willie. plus we had Angela and co. instead

People from session 1 are calling me Bish as well now?! It's contagious!

Ahh the infectiousness of Session 2 '04 greatness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

straight from his mouth. The greatness of Session 2 '04. Hahahah. Just admit it people session 2 just rocked so much. Amen COLM(sung in a really high pitched voice like all those bad prayer songs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 shidoshi

We also had The COCK

he was at sess.2. :mad:
    anyway,
    we had ****loads of stuff,like yers but better,
    example:
    "Will and 'His Boobs'" could not compare to holly and her 110 boobs thats right,count'em one hundred and ten.

"the cereal tower",well we had a (huge) pyramid of of polystyrene cups in the middle of the Quad.

"the jam thing" we had Marmalutter*

oh yeah, we had mattress etc. in the quad at seven a.m
    and a slightly confused aonghus wandering in search of his duvet after it "disappeared".

*registerd trademark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

ok, im going to say this one more time and leave it at that because you apparently dont respond to people being reasonable, and im asking whichever moderator comes online first to lock this thread.
    NOBODY GIVES A FLYING **** IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SESSION IS BETTER. SO JUST SHUT THE **** UP.

anyone from session one - dont you feel like screaming the last few lines of the roe verse of our song at these people?

• Advertisement

Caoimhe wrote:
    anyone from session one - dont you feel like screaming the last few lines of the roe verse of our song at these people?

Hell yes.

Advertisement