Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.O.D. concerns!!

Options
  • 17-08-2004 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I've been asked to do a transaction through an post C.O.D. and was wonderin if anyone had any dealings with it as it's done through cheques now (no longer actual cash) and what recourse you might have if a cheque you recieve happened to bounce??

just ponderin this and here seemed an appropriate place to put it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you aren't happy, don't do it. Too many dodgy people out there these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

Victor wrote:
    If you aren't happy, don't do it. Too many dodgy people out there these days.

thanks victor!!

would there be anythin I could do if I agreed and then it bounced??

or does anyone know what way it's done??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

There are a number of dodgy Bank Drafts out there too especially a batch that was nicked from AIB so dont take a Draft in Lieu of cash either unless its handed over in a Bank Branch and fully validated there and then by the staff.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I have sent items COD but it's been so long ago I cannot remember for the life of me what was involved. I cannot remember any security issues and I seem to remember you can request "cash" only collection - ie no cheque. Besides I think there is full insurance included in the price. The only problem is it's expensive. About E20 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

daveg wrote:
    I cannot remember any security issues and I seem to remember you can request "cash" only collection - ie no cheque.
    I imagine An Post will be uneasy about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

From what I remember you can deceide if they collect cash/cheque and then they send you out a postal order for the amount in the post. So if you say cash only your sorted, the only thing is the person at the other end can refuse delievery and your still charged for the c.o.d

Advertisement