Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamix Rant :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Shroom

I think Dynamix and especially Tribes2 gets a major bad rap it doesnt deserve. Its still a class game, and the teamplay is unequalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

i just got a lend of T2 and have only got it working a while back,i really wanted to get it going on-line but it never loaded up(the screen just flashed black and white)and now im do get it working its being shut down...
    lifes a b!tch and this is a perfect example
    frown.gif
    I found it fun tho even with bots.tho they didnt use teamplay it still played good,but my graphix card couldnt handle it so the graphics were (rap frown.gif
    And also,if i do get it working again,name me a good level 4 veichles,only ever found the shrike (and that was in missions :/ )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Shroom

Just because Dynamix is gone, doesnt mean Tribes2 is gonna disappear. Also, as soon as i installed my copy i have NEVER had problems with the game..sure ive had to buy a new graphics card ( biggrin.gif) but thats it.....

still havent told me a good map for veichles frown.gif ........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

vehicles are ****e:P
    Katabatic owns tho

You might like archipelago if you like vehicles.

• Advertisement

i dunno what veichles r like,i just wanna try them 'n' c what ther like 4 me'self.
    And i have to get it working again 1st.....
    Also do ne of u know how to over come that thing when the screen flashs black and white when u load it up ??
    Its the thing thats currently stopping me from playing frown.gif
    Re-install doesnt work.....tried that 4times already frown.gif
    When i get my GF2 ill c if its just my GFX card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pugsley:

When i get my GF2 ill c if its just my GFX card
    </font>

I had the same problem as you, and then I got a GeForce2 and it worked perfectly fine.
    Oh, and you will have to go through about an hour of patches for it when you go online.

we have the full patch set,was a big enuf download buts its recent,theres a new 1 out,mught have2 get it seperate.
    But its a bit late tho,T2 is going downhill frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

Whaddya mean going downhill? T2 will still be there, it's only the developer that's gone. Someone will step in to make patches for it and people can still run servers smile.gif

But now i cant even get the new card 2 get it working again frown.gif
    It will b ages b4 im able 2 play with yous frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

Pugsley I just got T2 and it won't work with my lovely new gfx card either. How about we have a word with Sierra... I'll bring the AK and you can make the pipebombs >(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

I was looking forward to the game for ages , then when I finally got the game after waiting 3 hours in Liffey Valley the game didn't work ffs!! Took me 3 - 4 days to finally get it working :/ I had to change something in the config [enable d3d 0 to 1 frown.gif ]
    But at the time i wasn't the only one that was having problems , at least 10-20 people had probs with the game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Kharn, it works a lot better now. Mind you its still deathly boring, slow and horribly defense orientated.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I waited for that game for 2 years and they had the cheek to sell me this piece of sh|t?

I'd have preferred to have waited another 6 months than go through that ****e.

Suffice it to say, it's uninstalled and shan't be returning (even with my GeForce 2).

No, I never had problems getting it to run, I just hate they fact that they thought they could sell us what they did and get away with it. I was delighted to hear that justice had been done and that Dynamix were all sacked. I'd have been sacked if my software ran like that.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

Advertisement