Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results show high failure rates in maths and science [irish times]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

these are the subjects you havew to acctualy to some work....no wonder....

maths is some people is bad, dont know why (im hoping for a1 in pass, but i think i blew it away with crappy p2. i wa on ~90% on paper 1).

hope "hammer-blow" doesnt happen to me in a few hours........................................ (sorry my hands are shaking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I did all the sciences and both math subjects... lets hope this isn't a sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

I did all the sciences and both math subjects... lets hope this isn't a sign.

Yeah, but if you look at the article, the high failure rates seem to be at ordinary level rather than higher level. In fact, isn't 4% failure rate for maths at higher level pretty low? It sounds it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

a further 5,800 took foundation-level maths
    Wow... Didnt realise that that many people took foundation. What a waste. It gets you nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

seems like that new biology course was a factor in it. 11% fails for pass biology!? so many people in my exam hall dropped down to pass.... poor bastids...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Yeah it was sad to see one of my best mates fail pass maths(F), pass biology(E ?) and i think it was irish.

On the other hand, i got my other mate a pass in maths (i think it was a C3). I was on the phone with him for few hours before the exam....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The minister was on t'wireless this morning saying that as far as he knew it was no better or worse than previous years and that this was just a headline for the papers at a time when there's not much real news.
    But then he is a politician.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I roffled at my Biology result. I did the old course and tbh i did feck all this year, which i regretted a bit by exam time, but i still ended up getting a B3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Well i challenge any of these critics to sit the exams, then well see the real reaction!!

Advertisement