Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the craic re boys v girls here?!

• 18-08-2004 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I'm fairly new to these boards but just noticed that a lot of the time its the boys against the girls. If a topic goes up about boys eg. I wrote "what kind of man turns you on" immediately the boys had to have their one. Same with the "what the craic" ones. I know I'm doing it now but its just to get my point accross. Is it mainly boys in here or what. I was accused of being a man when I started posting here! Whats the story are girls allowed or is this a boys only club?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

sure girls are welcome, just there's a vast majority of males, and half the females here are most likely dirty old men in disguise ! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

its a power thing we need to feel powerfull so we counter post to make us feel good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Of course it's mainly boys in here, it's the internet. We don't like reading about girly stuff.

Besides, if you post a thread saying "What type of man turns you on?", a man will see that as an excuse to post an opposite thread, simply because he knows it'll turn into a Slydice Special (loads of pics of hot women in lttle clothing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its happens everywhere in fairness. You will notice as a girl when you go out with a few fellas for a few drinks, that you tend to get slagged alot??? Just something us fellas do to make ourselves feel better :p

Its mainly harmless though I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's just massively mael dominant because it's a website.

And personally speaking, the new culture of Irish women wanting to be vacant californian bimbos is really starting to piss me off. I'm not saying all women are like that, not by a longshot but it's my own personal bugbear at the moment and I tend to vent about it in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Girls are stupid. They should get off the interweb and do my laundry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

climaxer yes we are a minority on these boards thank god we got a few women mods though or we would be fecked. the thing with the boys v girls thing is quite simple... the boys cant handel that we have an opinion... also while we think were superior at SOME things the boys like to think that they are superior at ALL things. they just cant handel the fact that we can be right on certain subjects hence the constant put down they give us..

also some boys here think they are quite superior over everyone here but you have to understand that this is the internet and they feel quite safe here as no one can see them. in real life there probably little pussy cats who still have there bum bums wiped by mammy so when ever you see some one who tries to put you down adn make little of your comments just repat to yourself... he is a pussy cat with no confidence and is threatened by me..
    now in saying that there are some( a small minority) males who can post honestly and dont feel threatened by us.

you'll soon figure who the pussy cats are though!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

lisa.c wrote:
    the boys v girls thing is quite simple... the boys cant handel that we have an opinion... also while we think were superior at SOME things the boys like to think that they are superior at ALL things. they just cant handel the fact that we can be right on certain subjects hence the constant put down they give us.. *snip*
    I wouldn't have thought that at all... If I see a thread about what men see in a woman, it's only natural to think of the other side of the fence, what does a woman see in a man? I haven't started any of those threads, but it certainly is very interesting to read the perceptions (true or false) that people have about different things, from hair to personality, to how they drink their luke warm tea with their left hand while simultaneously figuring out the perfect angle at which to twiddle their pinky ;):D
    also some boys here think they are quite superior ... *snip* ... in real life there probably little pussy cats who still have there bum bums wiped by mammy ... *snip* ... just repeat *<-- fixed typo :p* to yourself... he is a pussy cat with no confidence and is threatened by me.. now in saying that there are some( a small minority) males who can post honestly and dont feel threatened by us.
    Wow that's one hell of a sweeping generalization :p It's always good to get an insight into how the opposite sex thinks and exactly what it is that turns them on/off a man/woman. That said, it shouldn't be reduced to insults - but as Lisa.c is just a great big poo head, she doesn't know what she's talking about anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm a cuddly teddy bear.

rar.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

the boys cant handel that we have an opinion...

Jeez talk about a generalisation!!!!! :rolleyes:
    ...also while we think were superior at SOME things
    the boys like to think that they are superior at ALL things.

generalisation!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    they just cant handel the fact that we can be right on certain subjects

generalisation!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    now in saying that there are some( a small minority) males who can post honestly and dont feel threatened by us.

Ahh at last an acknowledgement that some of us are half decent and not complete assh*les... jeez :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aint it nice to see that we arent all tarred with the same brush!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

i would agree that the girls are attacked.
    One fella in the "what's the craic with...." thread on driving has been saying
    "de trubble wit wimmin in der caaaars is"
    on almost every single one of his posts.

Don't take it to heart, most of that type are red-necked, lunkheaded mulchies who
    still live in the thirties.

Yes its all a big conspiracy to remove women's voting rights and put them back in the kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Thanks Lisa c - I've spotted quite a few pussy cats already ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

lisa.c wrote:
    climaxer yes we are a minority on these boards thank god we got a few women mods though or we would be fecked. the thing with the boys v girls thing is quite simple... the boys cant handel that we have an opinion... also while we think were superior at SOME things the boys like to think that they are superior at ALL things. they just cant handel the fact that we can be right on certain subjects hence the constant put down they give us..

also some boys here think they are quite superior over everyone here but you have to understand that this is the internet and they feel quite safe here as no one can see them. in real life there probably little pussy cats who still have there bum bums wiped by mammy so when ever you see some one who tries to put you down adn make little of your comments just repat to yourself... he is a pussy cat with no confidence and is threatened by me..

Yes. All of the above is undoubtedly true!

climaxer wrote:
    I was accused of being a man when I started posting here!

Accused? Is it a crime now? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Cause a lot of us are getting pissed off with Femnazi i would think

Hi lisa

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Stephen wrote:
    half the females here are most likely dirty old men in disguise ! :eek:

hey!!!
    I resemble that remark! :eek:

Sleipnir wrote:
    Accused? Is it a crime now? ;)
    T'would appear so... :rolleyes:

lisa.c wrote:

Spelling, grammer and capitalisation might get you a little more respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

What's the ratio m/f ? AH= f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Sleipnir wrote:
    Don't take it to heart, most of that type are red-necked, lunkheaded mulchies who
    still live in the thirties.

Shouldn't that read:
    Don't take it to heart, most of that type are red-necked, lunkheaded mulchies who still live with their parents when they're in their thirties.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The ratio is pretty much in favour of the males.
    But I find that the few females that there are tend to be more predominant on boards as opposed to alot of the males.

lisa.c wrote:

While he may be stunningly attractive, wealthy and intelligent, you can tell he's dying on the inside... I mean... He has to be... right?

I'm not sexist. I'm just superior to everyone. Especially whitey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

climaxer wrote:
    I was accused of being a man when I started posting here!

That was myself and a few others I think. You still haven't proven otherwise! As I said. Anyone claiming to be female on the interweb is a male until proven otherwise. It's an "unwritten" rule.

Lisa. c..... good troll.

ChipZilla wrote:
    Don't take it to heart, most of that type are red-necked, lunkheaded mulchies who still live with their parents when they're in their thirties.

You sound like my English teacher... Clueless. His statement was completely legitimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Get used to it climaxer, that's the way boards.ie is

Because you're a women you can't drive, can't use a computer and can't play games. Oh and don't tell anyone you're a woman, they'll never believe you anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I was under the impression that if it was in After Hours - it was supposed to be taken light-heartedly?
    I'm a big contributor to the differences between girls and boys. My reasons are simple - I find women fascinating, and never tire trying to understand them.

Granted some just plain annoy me with misconceptions/inability to grasp humour/chips-on-shoulders/femnazism.

Hi Lisa - I'll be making another thread "whats the craic re girls v boys here?! if you wish to dispense more personal insults ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

I'm fairly new to these boards but just noticed that a lot of the time its the boys against the girls.

And Sleepy's
    And personally speaking, the new culture of Irish women wanting to be vacant californian bimbos is really starting to piss me off.

Cheers for that hand grenade you chucked into the middle of the peacetalks in the battle of the sexs. Seriously mate you have issues
    sure girls are welcome, just there's a vast majority of males, and half the females here are most likely dirty old men in disguise !

Riiiiiight. Have you ever had a girl come on to you on boards?
    What kind of man would get turned on by the average boards.ie bloke?
    Mmmmm overweight sloveny tech suppport nerd who spends his spare time talking ****e on boards, really do it for me. I'm really glad I've never come across that fetish website.

And Finally LisaC's
    the thing with the boys v girls thing is quite simple... the boys cant handel that we have an opinion... also while we think were superior at SOME things the boys like to think that they are superior at ALL things.

Did anyone else have visions of Lisa making that Ricki Lake hand and neck "I got me a sassy attitude" thing....

Mycrofts thought of the day*

Look don't make generalisations about the people here, there is a mixture of right wing nutbags, stoned students, tech support geeks, professionals, school kids, left wing nut bag, hobby obessesed lunactics on boards, and afterhours is were they all come together. Accept attitudes and opinions different from your own, and leave your preconceptions at the door.

*Mycrofts other thought of the day; "Why I am bothering posting to this inane thread when I have actual work to do"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

lisa.c wrote:
    in real life there probably little pussy cats who still have there bum bums wiped by mammy so when ever you see some one who tries to put you down adn make little of your comments just repat to yourself... he is a pussy cat with no confidence and is threatened by me..

Wow, not only have you psycho-analysed me to a tee (honestly, I'm so like that in person), but you've also gone a long way to explaining why so many male posters put you down to begin with.

• Advertisement

Zulu, problem is we hear the jokes all the time, they get a little old.

Oh and eh lisa c doesn't speak for all of us, i couldn't even read through all of that.

seriously though, I can take a lot of the jokes for what they are, others I'll just ignore. It just gets a little tired lads, the same stuff over and over again :confused:

Kold wrote:
    You sound like my English teacher... Clueless. His statement was completely legitimate.

I wasn't ripping into his post - I agree with him. See the smilie at the bottom of that post? And you're calling me clueless...

Take the stick out of your ar5e.

mycroft, can you honestly say it's not true with the amount of tangerine bottle blondes walking around Dublin in search of rich men? If you llok at my post I also clarified that I don't think this of every woman, just a sub-culture that's growing at an alarming rate. Most women I know would be equally as dismissive of these bimbos as I am so I don't think it's a battle fo the sexes issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Beruthiel wrote:
    hey!!!
    I resemble that remark! :eek:
    I thought I was the only one in the world who used that phrase.. Kudos to you! :D

And climaxer, I wonder if the whole posting a male version of your thread thing is simply down to the fact that a guy sees your thread, realises that that is a good idea, steals the idea, and decides to make a similar one for the boys. It looks like fun but the guys can't participate until a male version of the thread is opened.

Maybe the guys just want to participate? Of course I didn't see either thread but I doubt there was anything so conflictual or malignant as a "Girls v Boys" thing going on!

If you see conflict so easily in life you are going to be one very grumpy lady!

mycroft wrote:
    Look don't make generalisations about the people here
    mycroft wrote:
    Mmmmm overweight sloveny tech suppport nerd who spends his spare time talking ****e on boards, really do it for me.

Ya wha'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

koneko wrote:
    seriously though, I can take a lot of the jokes for what they are, others I'll just ignore. It just gets a little tired lads, the same stuff over and over again :confused:
    Men like routine. It keeps us under control ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

seamus wrote:
    Men like routine. It keeps us under control ;)

also
    they have the memories of gold fish
    hence the re posting.....

ChipZilla wrote:
    I wasn't ripping into his post - I agree with him. See the smilie at the bottom of that post? And you're calling me clueless...

Take the stick out of your ar5e.
    You tried to correct his post that made complete sense. I wasn't differing with your opinion, I was merely pointing out that you shouldn't become an English teacher.

Sleepy wrote:
    mycroft, can you honestly say it's not true with the amount of tangerine bottle blondes walking around Dublin in search of rich men? If you llok at my post I also clarified that I don't think this of every woman, just a sub-culture that's growing at an alarming rate. Most women I know would be equally as dismissive of these bimbos as I am so I don't think it's a battle fo the sexes issue.

.....and whats wrong with sub-cultures ? As a girl I wouldn't dismiss this particular breed of ladies as bimbos anyway. There's been sooooo much bashing of this 'subculture' that I can only deduct that the majority of posters are just making themselves feel better because they are only capable of attracting dowdy marys (if they're lucky) rather than a glamourous beauty. ;)

Wow? How do you know they're looking for rich men, is it the card swipers attached to their lous Vutton knockoff handbags so they can check out a guys credit rating?

Long time ago I used to go out with a girl who lived on Lesson st across from legs, if you were in on a Saturday night you couldn't have had more fun they sticking your head out the window and people watching the muppets staggering out from those dire clubs. The crowds size hasn't change just the fashion.
    Ya wha'?

I was making a joke about the idea of dirty old men coming to boards getting their rocks off by chatting to the average boards bloke. I assume everyone on boards who says they're a woman is a woman, it's just not that kind site. Besides who cares if they're not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

koneko wrote:
    Zulu, problem is we hear the jokes all the time, they get a little old.

Oh and eh lisa c doesn't speak for all of us, i couldn't even read through all of that.

i hope you dont mean boobie jokes?

• Advertisement

.....and whats wrong with sub-cultures ? As a girl I wouldn't dismiss this particular breed of ladies as bimbos anyway. There's been sooooo much bashing of this 'subculture' that I can only deduct that the majority of posters are just making themselves feel better because they are only capable of attracting dowdy marys (if they're lucky) rather than a glamourous beauty. ;)

What's glamourous and beautiful about a woman who looks like an Oompa-Loompa?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

ChipZilla wrote:

I don't get it myself but it sure did something for Willie Wonka

Mycroft, my remark was a joke. Take that rod out of your arse.

Sod knows, Ask Christina Agur....(tried to spell her name, but got lost in the middle).

I still haven't figured out how we convinced them that tottering around on those insane high heels was sexy?

Why do they wear next to nothing in December? Why do goth chicks wear all that leather in August (though on a fine august day like today...) ?***

***Retorical Questions don't need answers though guys a word of warning, when you start thinking "what on earth is attractive about that?" you've entered the perilous slope of old age, and before you know it you be at "you're not going out dressed up like that", and the dreaded "it's sexier when they don't show everything"
    Mycroft, my remark was a joke. Take that rod out of your arse.

Cutting and insighful wit. The first comment, so obviously a joke, considering climaxer was genuinely offended at the suggestion, and the second, brilliant you are clearly the lovechild of Dorothy Parker and Benard Shaw to come out with such a brillant witty reparté. Sir I salute your genius. I am in my place

i hope you dont mean boobie jokes?

God no, the world would cease to exist without boobie jokes.

ChipZilla wrote:
    Well I could refer you to the FHM High Street Honeys thread, there's lots of fake tan in action there and the ladies are causing quite a stir . I dunno ,all my mates are above average looking girls so perhaps I've not been exposed to the full rigour of the ugly females country-wide.

mycroft wrote:
    ***Retorical Questions don't need answers though guys a word of warning, when you start thinking "what on earth is attractive about that?" you've entered the perilous slope of old age, and before you know it you be at "you're not going out dressed up like that", and the dreaded "it's sexier when they don't show everything"

Maybe I am just getting old. Cops definitely look younger these days. That's the other sign, isn't it? :D

Mycroft,
    I'm terribly sorry my "wit" didn't satisfy you, truly your sarcastic retort has broken me.

What i'm trying to say is that I wasn't trying to offend anybody, it was just a joke. I'm sorry if it did offend, that was not my intention. You, on the other hand seem intent on bitching and moaning at everyone. You must feel like a really big man now, please do carry on.

Maybe I am just getting old. Cops definitely look younger these days. That's the other sign, isn't it?

Attempted break in at my gaff a few weeks ago, cops arrive. I swear i looked at one and thought "what are you twelve??" Seriously if they were planning on doing a junior infants version of 21jumpstreet he'd be cast no bother....
    truly your sarcastic retort has broken me.

Awwww does diddums want a hug? :D

I'll play nice from now on, I promise

Well I could refer you to the FHM High Street Honeys thread, the lots of fake tan in action there and the ladies are causing quite a stir amoung the ladies.

I gave up on that thread after some nut job was trying to convince everyone that FHM was a porn mag.
    I dunno ,all my mates are above average looking girls so perhaps I've not been exposed to the full rigour of the ugly females country-wide.

Aren't you the lucky one? You don't hang around with below-average women? Are you a pimp, or just incredibly beautiful yourself? Sorry, but I would consider the admiration of Oompa-Loompas a fetish and something to be avoided at all costs. God above, you take one home for the night by mistake and you're finding orange sh1t on everything for the next two days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement