Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Biggest savings (50%+) on items online Vs shops

• 18-08-2004 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Not a request for anything in particular but just looking for items, especially non-obvious items which can still be got far cheaper online.

My first cd writer was bought online for 40% the price it was in dublin, that is about 6-8 years ago. A few years back cds were far cheaper than in the shops, now the shops have been forced to drop prices to compete.

There must be some things available for far less than in the shops here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pretty obscure but I'm looking for a minidisk recorder at the moment and I've just found a Sharp at empiredirect for 60 quid, I recken the same in a shop here (if you could find one) would be 200 euro.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

Example:

Canon 300D digital SLR Dublin high street €1,399

Same camera on www.pixmania.com costs €1,098

Difference of €301

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This post has been deleted.

Yeah I suppose so, I just looking for stuff that is VERY cheap in comparison to a normal shop (just changed the title include 50%+).
    Most things listed in threads here have savings of 20-30% compared to shops. Due to the increase in online shopping most shops have dropped prices to compete. I was thinking of stuff with savings of 50% plus, more unusual items that you wouldn't normally consider buying online like razors or foodstuffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pretty much all computer components are available cheaper online than from any of the thieving rip off merchants that distribute the stuff here.
    The same goes for DVD's, CD's and PC/console games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement