Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel 2002 hanging..help!

Options
  • 18-08-2004 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

We're using Office XP in work here, and there's an issue that's wrecking everyones heads today! A few of our users have having the following issue with Excel 2002 (with SP2...not Windows service pack, MS office service pack).

When they try to open an excel file by clicking on the file within a folder, excel will open and they can see the toolbars etc, but they can just see their windows desktop where the spreadsheet ought to be displayed.
    Getting an error code 1002 also.

This doesn't happen if they open the files by going file> open but we can't just fob off the users with that.

Nothing on the Knowledgebase is helping us :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

eth0_ wrote:

Nothing on the Knowledgebase is helping us :(

This doesn't supprise me, microsoft has generally lacked on mentioning a lot of issues on their help databases. perhaps because there could be soooo much that can go wrong.

I might have an idea, did you try right click on the exel file (in a folder) then "open with" then "choose program" then choose exel and tick the box at the bottom "Always use this program to open this kind of file". U see what might be wrong is that u have 2 different versions of exel installed so u could try the above and try opening the files with either.

Probably not much help but sometimes trouble-shooting can be very broad. Most of the time i can only solve a problem if i sit in front of the PC and actually see the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

Even re-install the exel part of office and try again, but u probably tryed that already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement