Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Check

Options
  • 18-08-2004 12:55pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads
    How would I go about doing a credit check on myself? Have to apply for a mortgage soon so want to make sure my credit is good.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You can send a cheque for I think 6 euro to the Irish Credit Bureau and they'll send you out your credit history file.

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/personal_finance/irish_credit_bureau.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be aware that doing your own credit check is actually factored into the credit check.

Of course, being refused a loan because of errors in tte credit check the bank got is much worse.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"Be aware that doing your own credit check is actually factored into the credit check"

Run that one again??? IF I do a credit check on myself, this is put on my record and the banks can see this???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

yop wrote:
    Run that one again??? IF I do a credit check on myself, this is put on my record and the banks can see this???

It just means that they can see that an enquiry was made on your account. This used to mean that you were desperately ringing around but increasingly nowadays this can mean that you were "shopping" for credit. I'm not totally convinced that Irish lenders have come past the stone age on this though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Well, the idea is to stop you from going to four banks on the one day and racking up a total level of debt that you wouldn't have been able to get from a single institution.

Advertisement