Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket back plate

Options
  • 18-08-2004 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

I just finished my first build and it went fine, im using it now, but one thing is weighing on my mind. When I was putting the mobo in the case there was not enough space for the backplate of the cpu socket, when screwing it in I ended up with a slight bend in the board because of it :confused: , I was thinking maybe I could cut out a section of the case plate to make room for it, its a crappy case that I will upgrade in a while anyway so I dont mind wrecking it. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah just cut it out using a dremmel or a jigsaw. It won't cause any trouble.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Yeah, you could just use a dremel to make a hole for it. Better than having a bend in the board...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

D'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

If its only a slight bend it may be alright. I know i had a fairly obvious bend in my old XP system and had no side affects.

Advertisement