Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Refusal

Options
  • 18-08-2004 3:29pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Got refused for a loan over the phone there today. I asked by and she said that the loan approval department did not say.
    Do I have a right to know exactly why???

Thanjks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

I don't think they have to justify their decision, but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ChipZilla wrote:
    I don't think they have to justify their decision, but I could be wrong.
    They may not want to justify their decision. But if push comes to shove you can get your data off them under the Data protection act.

This happened toi me last week and I told them I wanted the data and 5 mins later they approved the loan.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So initially they refused you the loan?? And then when you asked for the Data they actually did a turn around and gave you the loan

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

So initially they refused you the loan?? And then when you asked for the Data they actually did a turn around and gave you the loan

Hmm, I'm doubtful on that front... but anyway, when I used to work in that kind of line, they staff on the phones were not allowed to give you the reason over the phone. You had to send a request in writing, one of the lenders (the people who made the desicion - the people on the phone generally don't make the desicion) would then be in touch and discuss it with the applicant in more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

yop wrote:
    They did! Dunno why they did a u-turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Possibly you were a marginal case and when you asked for a reason for refusal, things went up the chain of command and they used more liberal criteria.

Advertisement