Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishBroadband - Yay or Nay?

2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I am using their VL 1Mb system and i've had no problem with it. Their ripwave is frankly complete dirt. And their staff need to go to charm school and then go to business school - what a bunch of thick dense muppets. Never got an intelligent answer from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

thats a nay !!

Anyone tried webstreaming with IBB?? CRAP !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mad_martian

I have Ripwave this past few month in Blackrock after switching from EsatBT DSL......its fine for 29e a month, getting much the same connection speed, but a few more "outages".

In my experience having working for most of the big telco;s and having service off them too - the customer satisfaction is always crap for 2 reasons - the customer service reps know little or nothing about the tech end and the sales people always lie.

The best advice is "whoever shouts loudest" - after a few months of probs with EsatBT I ended up emailing the director of cust care and had a phonecall back the next day to sort out my problem (and I used to work for them).

In terms of the technology DSL is the way to go for most SOHO users but costs are still relatively high....I don't need much bandwith really so IBB Ripwave is fine for me (so far) but in my exp they will overstretch themselves eventually.

Basically all the telcos are making so much from their big business customers that they dont need or really want home users. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Maybe you should consider NTL if it's available instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

So I got through to IBB sales and they're selling a 1MB/1MB antenna system. Didn't ask what freq. €149 and €48 a month. Looks like a good deal. Methinks I'll be giving it a go.

i'm actually on this service, breeze lite 1mb. got it installed b4 xmas and it's been great so far!!! no dropped lines or anything like that.

it's a shock to my computer (and me included because was on 56k b4!!) i think since i've dloaded a lot of stuff since installed

• Advertisement
Advertisement