Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

See how much your insurance costs in Oz!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I am currently in New Zealand and comp insurance - on a 1988, 1.8litre Nissan Bluebird - cost me $348 (E 160) !!

Bear in mind the following though -
    - When you REGO (road tax) your car here (as in Oz), it includes personal injury cover (paid out by the NZ govt).
    - Private insurance ONLY covers property damage.
    - It is illegal in New Zealand to sue another person for personal injuries.
    (The govt scheme pays for hospital expenses, and towards any loss of income while you are recovering).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I thought it was in New Zealand that all cars were automatically covered for third-party, either through car tax or other taxes, or am I becoming delusional? AFAIR you had the option then of topping up the state provided insurance to full comprehensive level or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

got a quote of $730 for a 2004 integra type r. (yes please!)

amazing... i put in all my details, 5 yrs ncb, 30yrs old, blahhhh

post code was mildura, victoria.

might migrate.. :D

Advertisement