Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did everyone do in the Leaving Cert??

Options
  • 18-08-2004 7:21pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

I've lost loads of people's numbers and email addresses or whatever, how did you all do? Wah wah wah =)

PS. Everyone say yay for Craig Kingston! (he was session 1, 2000, session 2, 2001 and session 2, 2002) He got 590 points and hence will probably get Medicine, which he deserves because he would make a wonderful doctor. Go Team Craig! Thats made my day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

Fair fex to craig... is he actually going for medicine or might he just do it seeing as now he has the points?

Ah, this reminds me of architecture 02...

anyway ya, fair fex to everyone on their results, which haven't yet appeared...

*hint hint*

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

em, not as well as that guy but GOOD ENOUGH!!! I PASSED MATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

Thats a very personal thing man!!!! LEts just talk about that craig guy!!!

Three cheers

YAY YAY YAY
    Even tho i dont know u but i was in that session in 02!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I hope everybody got what they wanted CAO-wise, ye all deserve it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hehe i did alright i guess - 440. missed out on my first choice (architecture) but got Computer science in trinners. But yeah - gonna try a) transferring and b) reapplying to DIT for the entrance exam see if i can scrounge through again next year.

Ailbhe say congrats to Craig for me will you? thats ****ing excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

crash_000 wrote:
    Hehe i did alright i guess - 440. missed out on my first choice (architecture) but got Computer science in trinners. But yeah - gonna try a) transferring and b) reapplying to DIT for the entrance exam see if i can scrounge through again next year.

Ailbhe say congrats to Craig for me will you? thats ****ing excellent.

come join the sacred realms of trinity computer science :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Flibble. [content removed by request]

Dermo you doing second year then? ah feck no :/

Dermo wrote:
    come join the sacred realms of trinity computer science :)
    hahahaha good luck with that neil...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Got 545 but didn't get choice 1,2, or 3! **** happens, eh?.. So now I march in the direction of the beehive that is (architecturally) UCD to study Psychology. This should be a fun 3 years! I know I've said it before, but well done Craig, that's great! And Oisin if ya ever read this, you know how I feel about everything that's gone down in the past 10 days. Thank you man. Really, Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

Congrats Oisin, and of course well done to everyone here that did the LC. It's my turn next year and I still don't have a feckin clue what I'm gonna do with my life. :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Sunstorm wrote:
    It's my turn next year and I still don't have a feckin clue what I'm gonna do with my life. :eek:

Don't worry - none of us do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Fishie wrote:
    Don't worry - none of us do

*smugness* I do. Law. And I have another 2 years...
    ;)
    well done to all of you that did your leaving cert, you all did great.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

well, anyway, GO GO NUIM!!!!!!

aint it the truth.ill be sitting there with my cao form in february like "uhhh..."

*smugness* I do. Law. And I have another 2 years...
    ;)
    well done to all of you that did your leaving cert, you all did great.
    hehe...any idea how much changes in two years?

...have fun :p

crash_000 wrote:
    hehe...any idea how much changes in two years?

...have fun :p

I know. But I've wanted to do law for years and the legal studies course was great. more interesting that i thought before.

anyway i'm going to do law in trinity, provided I get the points. That or genetics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

but what if you dont get the points? im thinkin of english and sociology in ucc... If i can make it through another two years of school without gettin expelled

Joycey wrote:
    but what if you dont get the points? im thinkin of english and sociology in ucc... If i can make it through another two years of school without gettin expelled

well I'll just have to make sure I do get enough points.
    Crap, paper says that points for law in trinity are over 500....bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Joycey wrote:
    If i can make it through another two years of school without gettin expelled
    Does "the man" have a problem with your "posse" and their "rebellious ways"? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Thats really petty, we figured ya dont like the guy but ill say it again, do ya hv to bring it into EVERY thread?

ColHol wrote:
    Thats really petty, grow up a bit. We figured ya dont like the guy but ill say it again, do ya hv to bring it into EVERY thread?
    YOU'RE telling people to grow up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

fair enough, its edited. Point still stands tho

hehe i just thought it quite funny :) anyway lets play nice. well see the one thing is with the mid to high 500 courses you're scrounging for those points, especially if you do the arts style subjects in school.

The points system is ridiculous, its horrible seeing people who got 550 poins being disappointed because they missed out on their course choice. In fact, its totally bent. But I'm gonna have to just try my best anyway. I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna be doing in college anyway, except that it won't be medicine, or law, or jam-making, because I have no interest in any of them. Blah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Unikhorne

Fishie wrote:
    The points system is ridiculous, its horrible seeing people who got 550 poins being disappointed because they missed out on their course choice.

Damn straight. Its the infamous-by-now craig here. I totally agree with you- no one should have to do what I did (to those who don't know me I'm not that smart so I compensated by studying for 2 years) just to get popular courses with unnecessarily high points.

P.S. congrats to everyone who did the LC (i'd mention other ctyiers points but i didnt ask permission)-- just even doing the damn thing is a challenge in itself.

Unikhorne wrote:
    (i'd mention other ctyiers points but i didnt ask permission)
    Oops! I just realised I posted up your results in the beginning of this thread without permission, sorry! :o But I was so happy and excited I just had to tell everyone! Aaaagh sorry Craig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

TCD accepted me into Maths/Economics, but with my points from last year it was pretty much a certainty anyway.

I would have posted this a few days ago, but I was in warmer climes, worrying about the application for campus accommodation I fired off a few hours before flying. Not.

"Unnecessarily high points" are necessary if we want to keep Medicine courses in the free fees scheme. Apparently, the Government can't afford to cut down on places for foreign students. Craig, congratulations on your getting 590 points, and better luck next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

I got plenty of points, 550 to be precise, and am deferring Dietetics in DIT/TCD to gallivant to thailand, NZ and Australia. Ha ha! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

hi!
    i know its a bit late to be coming in on this but i was thrilled with my LC results, so surprised actually lol. passed history and chemistry with flying colours, and doing nursing in trinity :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement