Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Windows which way

Options
  • 18-08-2004 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

To my limited understanding of case modding there are 2 ways to puting a window in a case.

1. Use window kit with rubber seals.
    2. Bolt on with screws, and concel them.

Which is best or is there another way to puting a window in place?

Thanks
    Timeout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

dont quite understand what youre saying but you can buy a windowed side panel if you have a chieftec case but im guessing you dont

anyway read this

hope it helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I've done the window with rubber seal using a maplin kit.
    It looks pretty good, but it was a real pain trying to get the seal on and the window into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You could just superglue the plexi to the back, but it probalby won't look as pretty.

It depends on what your case looks like, it might look naff with bolts, it might suit the design it already has.

With the seal is handy enough if you're a beginner, because you get everything in the one kit (window, seal, instructions).

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

I got a cheap rivet puller and some clear acrylic in Atlantic.

Later got some rubber edging to hide the rough metal cut

Advertisement