Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recheck

Options
  • 18-08-2004 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Hey, I think i got really close to the points i need for Law in UCD. I got 500 but last year it was 515. I ws thinking of getting a few subjects rechecked to see if I get the points, I just have a few questions.

Can I accept the course Im offered and then if my score is increased enter the other course, I think someone said you dont get the result of a recheck untill mid september?

If I dont accept my CAO offer (say my second option) and wait for the second round offers. If in the second round I dont get Lax, can I then accept my number 2 that I didnt accept in round 1?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

I thought it was mid-October for the results of rechecks; that's according to all the official stuff anyway.

Your first offer will have lapsed by the time you get your second offer. If you're thinking about taking up your second choice and it's offered to you on the first round, accept it. If you then get your first choice on the second round you can accept that and it cancels out the previous offer. But if you don't get your first choice on the second round then at least you'll have a place at college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Bullockshaver

re checks are all done in 2 weeks time the Geography were marked very hard i expected A1 but got C1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Applying for rechecks has to be done before 8/9/04 according to the bottom of the results page.

I think I want one in Buisness C3, and it was one of my favorite subjects. Dunno how others did so I dunno if its worth doing like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

View your scripts and then decide whether to appeal. You should clearly be able to see where you lost marks and whether a recheck or appeal would help.

My sister viewed hers spotted an error in her LC Hons Maths correction. She got a recheck and it brought her up from an A2 to an A1. That ten points was the difference between her getting her first and second choices in college. Luckily she got her first choice in the second round anyway but the error could have have cost her it.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if she'd been robbed of a college place by a state error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

View your scripts and then decide whether to appeal. You should clearly be able to see where you lost marks and whether a recheck or appeal would help.

My sister viewed hers spotted an error in her LC Hons Maths correction. She got a recheck and it brought her up from an A2 to an A1. That ten points was the difference between her getting her first and second choices in college. Luckily she got her first choice in the second round anyway but the error could have have cost her it.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if she'd been robbed of a college place by a state error.

Oh my god, thats deadly. How lucky was she. My sister's friend missed out on her course by 5 points & is disappointed with 2 of the results so she's getting them re-checked.. Imagine missing out coz of some eejit not correcting your paper properly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Geography were marked very hard i expected A1 but got C1

Were they? I got a higher B2, and newer expected to get 75 < 80% on the paper! I was considering doing pass on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

i remember thinking the french tape was a bastrd, I want to see all my scripts just to see percentages, breakdown etc but I have 2 in mind I want recked cos I expected better. Thanks very much for clarifying the procedure for accepting courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My best mate was the person who got into law on 515. Random selection.
    She got the offer in mid-october after being upgraded in classics and irish, and decided to defer it for a year because she thought she'd missed too much to catch up on already.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I've a mate who got into his first choice in the THIRD Round, skin of his teeth like :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I missed my first choice last year by 1.3% in maths. Ther was a question where i could have got points but didn't. Got it rechecked, and i didn't get them either. They don't like being told they are wrong, and are unlikely to change it unless it is something big. Remember it is only i the last few years, that they can actually mark you down.
    Please note, i'm not saying you won't get more in re-marks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

People should also bear in mind the difference between a 'recheck' and an 'appeal'. The only problem with my sister's exam script was that the corrector had incorrectly tabulated the result omitting the marks from one question. If there is any error in the actual correction of the exam paper it will have to be dealt with through the appeals process.

Advertisement