Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Garlick

Options
  • 19-08-2004 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice in Doom 3 the Tv Ads, or the News Reports (when u enter the kitchen at the start of the game ) and the Voice recordings on the PDAs are a real great touch to the game, i really loved this idea , listening to the people who used to work in the UAC base until they were horribly killed, the one that stuck out the most in my Mind is the Recording of Simon Garlick, i felt so sorry for him ,because at first hes not so bad but on his second recording you know hes losing it and going mad :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Jeez...just what this board needs ANOTHER Doom 3 thread. There are only about ten going concurrently at the moment. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

no body put a gun to your head and forced you to read it, hey it a popular game right now, if you this the amount of threads is bad now, wait till you see when Half Life 2 comes out ! ;)
    otherwise if you dont like it,their are plenty of other games forums you can look up. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Agreed, nobody forced me to read it and I don't bother reading Doom 3 threads as I don't have a PC capable of running it (I'll wait for the Xbox version thanks - inferior though it may well be) , but then again, your subject title does not mention Doom 3. Only when I opened the thread was it evident what the topic was about. (and no I don't do the hover thing with the mouse all the time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

magick wrote:
    no body put a gun to your head and forced you to read it, hey it a popular game right now, if you this the amount of threads is bad now, wait till you see when Half Life 2 comes out ! ;)
    otherwise if you dont like it,their are plenty of other games forums you can look up. :rolleyes:

thankfully there is a Half life board so they will mostly be in there.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, judging by the way anyone with anything to say about HL2 keeps posting it in here, i'm not so sure about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I think its time we merged the wolfenstein board with doom 3 seeing as how its dying a slow death, sadly. kind of an ID games board, i mean theres gonna be alot of mods and stuff out for doom 3 so i cant see all the doom 3 threads going anywhere for a while. Also with D3 being one of the best fps around i think its deserving of its own board. ALL HAIL DOOM3!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The D3 threads will die down soon enough , i have this >.< much faith in Valve making a decent game , I had low expectations for doom 3 and waht a game , hopefully Valve prove me wrong too.

kdjca

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

tallpaul wrote:
    Agreed, nobody forced me to read it and I don't bother reading Doom 3 threads as I don't have a PC capable of running it (I'll wait for the Xbox version thanks - inferior though it may well be) , but then again, your subject title does not mention Doom 3. Only when I opened the thread was it evident what the topic was about. (and no I don't do the hover thing with the mouse all the time).

On the main page of any board, hover the mouse pointer over the text of the thread subject, you should see the first poster's comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

back on topic

download system shock 2...that has the whole voice over the logs etc too. Playing through the game right now and so far it has had me **** myself about 4 times in the first level alone. (damn monkeys!)

Advertisement