Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Role of the Media

• 19-08-2004 4:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Over the last couple of seasons we have seen the transfers of some of the most amazing transfers of some of the best players in Europe, maybe even the world. But one has to ask are the media too powerful in this day in age of making a player move? If you take David Beckham for instance, fair enough he moved to Real Madrid, but did he really want to, or were the newspapers guilty of making fabricated stories? Looking at Beckham's case alone i would put it down to his own decision, but looking back over the last few seasons, one has to question the move of Owen, and the whole Viera catastrophe even look towards the recent Kieron Dyer rumours, is the media simply playing fantasy football with these players, or is what we read in the papers the full shilling? I would personally question the integrity of the media. And beg the Question who is next? Rooney, Henry, Defoe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

I have noticed since the introduction the transfer window that the tabloid media has got worse. Since transfers now only happen from season end to the end of Aug and during the month of Jan the transfer talk seems to get more feeverish during these times and when the window is closed the media pull up all sorts of stories to fill pages cos nothing is happening on the transfer front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Healio wrote:
    I would personally question the integrity of the media.

Wat integrity? they just publish stories to sell papers! everyone knows half of it is bulls**t but we still read all there stories! cheers u up during a boring day at work! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The media is the one who got Saha to leave Fulham , although I beleive Man United wanted them to start stories linking them to Saha so he would be unsettled .

Saha is now a United player.....nuf said .

Advertisement