Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent info needed on EU Grant

Options
  • 19-08-2004 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Ok, Ive looked and looked but I can't find information as to how the EU grant is paid to me by my VEC while Im in college in finland. The form for the grant says "Address within the institution for payment of grant"
    Now the finnish college wants me to give their bank details and to have my grant given to them and they will "try to find it when it comes" (thats quoting them), which sounds suspect.

I thoought my VEC would send them a check for me or something, has anyone gotten a grant from their VEC while studying abroad? How does it work?

PS. I need this information today, if nobody replies could a kind mod move it to after hours or some place where Im most likely to get a response?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

All is well, I rang up my VEC and was told that the grant cheques (I think thats how cheque is spelt) will be sent to the college with my name on them, then they just give me the cheque.

thanks for all the replies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The cheques normally get sent to the college, at least in england when people get loans. I assume it's the same for grants

:P

John

Advertisement