Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

• 19-08-2004 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I searched the formus and didn't see this topic out there: if it is you can delete this, but point me in the right direction please... I am very much looking forward to this movie. I really did enjoy the first one a lot, though I have heard a lot of complaints about the creature effects - ok, they wrere so-so in places, but there was enough to keep me interested as
    the mystery of who betrayed the hive
    was revealed a little at a time...

I always hated hearing about the resident evil video games, and could never stand people talking about them until I tried them, and guess what? I loved it!! I started with Resident evil nemesis.

I have seen some other sites with some information about plot and creatures, as well as the main sony site... a little disappointed in some things I saw, but what I really want to know is what you think!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I enjoyed the first one but after seeing the trailer for the sequel I'm not expecting much from this movie. Sadly the same useless director of AvP is behind this movie as well so expect messed up action sequences ruined due to the over use of crazy camera angles and slow motion style special effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Link to trailers here

Plot

The nightmare isn't over, General Cain ordered The Hive to be reopened, and in doing so contaminated all of Raccoon City, a city of the dead, with Alice stuck right in the middle. Now, along with other surviors, Jill Valentine, Carlos Oliviera and his Captain, Nicholai, they must fight to survive, to escape the nightmare that has plaqed Raccoon City. But now there is a new threat: Matt Addison has fully mutated into a seemingly unstoppable creature, code named Nemesis, who will stop at nothing until everything around it is dead, but it also has another agenda...

Only God knows what The Umbrella Corporation has done to Raccoon City. Escaping the deserted Raccoon City Hospital, Alice, (Milla Jovovich) finds herself in the face of terror as she races the clock with Jill Valentine (Guillory), a recently demoted member of Umbrella Corp's elite Special Tactics and Rescue Services (S.T.A.R.S.), Terri Morales (Holt) Weather reporter, Carlos Oliviera (Fehr) captain of the UBCS, L.J. (Epps) Seargent of S.T.A.R.S, and Nicholai (Ward) Oliviera's right hand man to find Angie (Sophie Vavasseur, alittle girl who's daddy will do anything to get her back. To top it off she has to find a way out of a maze of ravenous undead, and escape a horid, armed biological weapon, constructed by the Umbrella Corporation, code named: nemesis. Will they survive or become Human a-la-mode for thousands of ravanous undead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The first one had CGI zombies which is just plain.....anoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 allyourbase

The fist one cuaght my attention due to the plot more than the effects. I have such great hopes for this movie, but as time wears on I think I will find it more and more difficult to suspend reality and simply enjoy it. I know the plot and characters, but there are images on the net and a few in particular left me disappointed... too late now, I can't "unsee" them.

I didn't catch the CGI zombies in the first one, I thought it was all live actors, except for the "licker" which was badly done, but unique enough that I was interested still.. nothing like a monster with it;s brain on the outside of it;s body LOL.

my problem is that I love the video game and I did like the first one, so I have no choice but to go see the second one, and I hate to think I will wish I hadn't...

Nemesis seems to move so slow in the trailer, and his makeup effects look awful. I hope there is somethign worth seeing. I have so little in life to look forward too!

The Jill Valentine Character is new to me, I didn;t see anything else she has been in, but I did notice the outfit she wears is direct from the video game and she has the right poses, they at least picked a good one here. Mila Jovovitch was great in the 5th element, which I did like, and she did good as alice in the 1st RE movie, though I don't think her character was associted with the vido game at all (so what I guess). Both are hotties!

• Advertisement

here is a link that tells more about the director... I liked Mortal Kombat, but Hated Event Horizon....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0027271/

forgive me, I just really want this movie to be good, but I think I may be disappointed...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

here is a link that tells more about the director... I liked Mortal Kombat, but Hated Event Horizon....

???

Both had good moments, but were crap films. To quote Flem Comics, I think that the Mortal Kombat movie is going to be one of the reasons God finally uses to destroy the earth. Its only possible saving grace was that it wasn't as atrocious as the live-action street fighter movie.

Argh. Didn't watch the first Resident Evil, won't watch the sequels. I really like the games (apart from Capcom's seeming inability to create a control scheme that's intuitive and comfortable from the start), but nothing I've seen or heard about the film(s) makes me want to watch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

I loved the 1st movie and cant wait for the 2nd what 1st got me intersted in resident evil was the movie so then i bought resident evil remake on the gamecube and i now own resident evil zero,2,3 for gamecube and im waiting for 4 to come out all great games but the remake was my favourite :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

looking foward to this quite a bit. should be cool... if the first one is anything to go by.

if it sucks at least you get mila jovovich in a towel... all wet n stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

I was disapointed by the first one,was expecting a bloodfest.

Maybe they will make up for it this time and not pander to the teen market.

Global.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is it just me but if you look at the resident evil 2 website and read the info...
    such as alice being geneticly altered by the t.virus making her stronger and faster
    and being teamed up with mercenaries and another female lead. Then there's this evil scientist AND a new breed of monster running around (which is a mix of the original monsters dna and human dna)...

you know that sounds very familer to another film. which had a female lead with her genes altered teams up with a group of mercenaries and another female lead and there's this evil scientist and a new breed of monster which is a mix of the original monsters dna and hman dna.

hmmm

also the director of this film has just recently (very) p*ssed on the above films franchise even more..

oh my

for those still in the dark its alien 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Didn't think highly of the first one and I don't think this will be much better really, of course I could be surprised.

please god let this movie be good, I have so little in life to look forward too... ;)

Notice the film rating for this one, I guess I am out of the loop becuse I didn't realize they did this... it says non stop action, violence and some nudity they used to be a lot less descriptive such as action, violence, nudity or brief nudity LOL

all I know is spiderman 2 was a snore fest with it's long birthday party scene, and it's long discussion helping the old bat move out of her apartment and the long confession of the death of her husband.... it was non stop boring with a few minutes of action!

Advertisement