Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Result celebrations

Options
  • 19-08-2004 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

So how did the result celebratoins go for all of you?

Mine wasn't great, cause Im gonna be 18 sometime in june of next year + i didnt have a fake ID. A group of us went in to a club/pub we were there for few minutes untill bouncer started checking for ID, and ofcourse few of us under 18 were outta of there within minutes. Even one of the lad' da knew the bouncer and he tried to get us in, but the manager was begging an asshole so we ended up going to a pub across a steet.

So we ended up being in that pub till something like 12 (until of the girls dress was ruined because of the lads spilled half a pint). I didn't really know what was happening after that....

Ended up getting a taxi home (and it doesn't come cheap, 25 euro for me to get home from the town my school is (skerries) ). Ohh yeah, ended up throwing up lots of pints of bulmers :). So i got home something like 20 to 2. now im up since 8.

So how did it go for you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Went to see "I, Robot" with friends.

Oh, the joys of being a non-drinker, no hangovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Lantis wrote:

I just happen to be a non-drinker that only drinks on special occasions (that was my third time during the summer, 1. school graduation night (24 may) 2. last LC exam (28 june) and 3. yesterday, results night.

Yeah i do have pretty bad hangover. I just cant sleep for locg, like the latest i can get up is like 11 (didnt happen for a long time)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Lantis wrote:

Heavy enough drinker (5+ pints every weekend is considered heavy by the government :rollseyes) and no hang over. So long as you dont drink beyond your limit (everyone's different) and have lots of water before going to bed you wont get a hangover.

Went to a few pubs had a few laughs ended up back at a friends gatt, now Im going into work!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Sarunas wrote:

So we ended up being in that pub till something like 12 (until of the girls dress was ruined because of the lads spilled half a pint). I didn't really know what was happening after that....

Ohh yeah, ended up throwing up lots of pints of bulmers :). So i got home something like 20 to 2. now im up since 8.
    why do you class this as fun
    drinking so much that you cant remember what happened and got sick
    imo this is not fun

last night was crazy was walking home from the GFs and there was LCs everywhere with there cans of dutchgold walking around thinking life is great
    I have never seen so many gangs of kids sitting on corners and in fields drinking as i did last night

and then there is the gangs of 15/16yo girls all tramped up looking to pull a LC
    its all just wrong i tells you

grant it you had a good time
    thank the powers its only once a year

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I had fairly mad night with crash_000, marclar, nosmo, Plasticman... and others. Absolutely wrecked now, haven't slept properly for 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Can't remember...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

I went to the hand rock cafe in Dublin,had a nice meal and a couple of coctails etc(7.60 each!).Then we went to a pub.I didnt won't to go to a club because they seemed to be full of scumbags/scangers queueing outside to get in eg The Red Bow,Bomerang etc.Eamon Dorans was packed.Twas a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Sarunas wrote:
    I just happen to be a non-drinker that only drinks on special occasions

i'm just like that!!!

happy thursday everyone!! it only comes once a week!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

babyhack wrote:
    why do you class this as fun
    drinking so much that you cant remember what happened and got sick
    imo this is not fun

Fun was before that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

babyhack wrote:
    why do you class this as fun drinking so much that you cant remember what happened and got sick
    imo this is not fun

spot the 60 year old? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I went to Porter house, had a laugh with two mates, moved on to Dorans, left Dorans to see school mates in Bad Bobs, stayed max ten minutes there. Back to Dorans. Met up with people who said Doyles was the place to be, went with them. Danced etc, then realised I was surrounded by Trinners students to be [not the nice kind, and I know there is nice kind, so don't think I'm being ignorant]. Freind fell down the stairs. We walked to Dorans again. And then my mate got all emotional, so her fella was huggin her. AND I WAS ON ME OWN! And I had no credit, me mam forgot to buy it on the credit card for me, so I couldnt contact anyone.

ON the way home in the taxi my mate drops she going back to her fellas place, which means I had to get home on me own. THEN the lad I was planning to bring to my debs rings me, says he has a few people in his apartment, but there wasnt much happening. So I didnt go back to his. Instead I went home, annoyed.

Im not too hung over. And I'm just in a bad humour, which is totally not what I expected to be, and I think thats only exaggerating the problem.

I hate people :D [sarcasm]Waahoo[/sarcasm]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I went to The Bondi Beach Club. They had sand all over the floor and a swimming pool and hot-tub. It was crazy!
    I was there all night and got home at about 330. It was packed with leaving cert. people and was a great laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

CuLT wrote:
    I had fairly mad night with crash_000, marclar, nosmo, Plasticman... and others. Absolutely wrecked now, haven't slept properly for 3 days.
    Plasticman eh? I know him fairly well. Know marclar aswell. Mayhaps i know you too...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Plasticman eh? I know him fairly well. Know marclar aswell. Mayhaps i know you too...
    Unlikely, I only met them IRL for the first time last night :) .

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

was @ a house party, then went to the turk's head....

The drunkness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Went to a few pubs discovered the flaming horror of sambuca (sic.) and managed to annoy my best friend out of the pub-nearly got into a fight-but all in all had a great night out.

A good way to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Well, I was out with Sarunas (original poster). Not a bad night all in all, although my head's been imploding all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Seifer wrote:
    I went to The Bondi Beach Club. They had sand all over the floor and a swimming pool and hot-tub. It was crazy!
    I was there all night and got home at about 330. It was packed with leaving cert. people and was a great laugh. :D

I was there, it was the best night of the summer in the place, especially since they sorted out the air conditioning, though it was still unbelievably hot. The air conditionings broken again now though...
    New student night on fridays there too, sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

rb_ie wrote:
    I was there, it was the best night of the summer in the place, especially since they sorted out the air conditioning, though it was still unbelievably hot. The air conditionings broken again now though...
    New student night on fridays there too, sounds good.

Jesus are you only after getting home now?? 29 days later, wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

yeah pretty crazy month...

• Advertisement
Advertisement