Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Now Interfaces With Irish Bank Accounts

• 19-08-2004 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

A Mail I got today. It means that those without a credit card can realistically use Paypal.

"Dear Muck ,

Now you can withdraw funds from your PayPal balance directly to your Irish bank account.
    Enjoy access to your PayPal funds without incurring high international bank transfer fees.

Add your bank account

Simply add an Irish bank account to your PayPal account, and you can transfer and withdraw as much of your PayPal funds as you'd like. Just make sure your bank account is denominated in Euro (EUR). You can still accept payments in U.S. Dollars and Pounds Sterling—PayPal will
    handle all the currency conversions to Euro for you.

Its easy to transfer funds. Here's how:

From your account page, click the Withdraw subtab

Select the "Transfer Funds to Your Bank Account" link

The first time you do this you'll be directed to a page with instructions on adding an Irish bank account. When you've completed the process, your funds will appear in your bank account within 5-7 business days. After that, you may begin withdrawing funds from your Irish bank account. "

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

lol
    i signed up without reading oyur post fully
    thought they were finally letting irish users nominate a bank acount to use to pay for things
    they only allow you to withdraw money from paypal to your bank a/c
    damm it
    at least i have an a/c now i guess :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Oh, so did i!! But does this mean that i can now sell items on eBay & accept payment through paypal?? Anybody know???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Danni wrote:
    Oh, so did i!! But does this mean that i can now sell items on eBay & accept payment through paypal?? Anybody know???
    yes. yes it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Never in a million years would I use Paypal again, they froze my account for 8 months with 600 bucks in it due to fraud claims, which were then dropped and I was given a lame automated apology, they can do as they like with your money and they are thieves imo.

...Of course this is not the case for everyone, just my experience, but from it they have tarnished their own reputation, id rather use WU and their high fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Paypal is 100 times safer than WU. WU is the money transfer conduit du jour of the Nigerian and Romanian scammers...don't TOUCH it!

I've been told it costs €1 to withdraw money from your paypal account. Nice to see they're sticking with tradition and ripping off Irish users. It's only 50p to withdraw to a UK bank account, and free if it's more than £50 being withdrawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

just a quickie re the freezing account thing - I read recently bout a class action suit against penpal regarding that very thing. There may well be a few bob waiting for u. Have a goo at https://www.paypal.com/settlement/ . Google penpal class action for a general outline of the settlement - looks like you would get minimum 50 bucks - may not be worth the hassle but if everyone thinks like that you'll get a lot more :)

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

So you still have to add a credit card to pay for stuff off ebay,etc with paypal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Repli wrote:
    So you still have to add a credit card to pay for stuff off ebay,etc with paypal?

Yes. You can only use your current account funds to pay for things if you're in the USA and even then I believe you have to transfer money into your paypal account before you can use it to pay for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I've used PAYPAL for ages now, hit problems recently with a payment I made and never recieved goods. The seller was covered by PAYPAL gaurantee etc. Went through their automated complaints process, got sent around in circles and eventaully told tough S*** !! Customer service is brutal. If you try to complain , again you get sent through automated process which tells you that you've already complained... thanks for your feedback!!

Advertisement