Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request - Decent DVD Labeling printer

• 19-08-2004 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where/what is a decent dvd disc printer. Are the themals any good, cause one for sale on bigpockets for £49

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

i have the EPSON R200
    and i think it's deadly.
    prints on cd's right to the edge
    [depending on printable disc]

www.svp.co.uk sell them and replacement cartridges.
    i just got 2 whole sets of cartridges [12 carts in total]
    for about €60! svp sells prinablr dvd-r's for about 40c each also. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭LizardKing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I have the Canon i865. Prints directly onto printable cd's/dvd's. Does a fantastic job. Also, it is a very good photo printer. It has 5 ink tanks and the tanks can be got on the interweb for about €8 each and they last a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

aaf wrote:
    I have the Canon i865. Prints directly onto printable cd's/dvd's. Does a fantastic job. Also, it is a very good photo printer. It has 5 ink tanks and the tanks can be got on the interweb for about €8 each and they last a long time.

I just got one of those printers. Any tips on where to source carts ?

mag wrote:

Not really. I just bought mine in PC World :o. for about €14.99 each. I was out of ink in 3 tanks. Can't really find them cheap on the web except for JES-Computer.de but I'd only order the cartridges as part of a bigger order to justify the delivery charge of about €28!

• Advertisement

mag wrote:

Just got a few links from another thread. http://www.pricestorm.com/index_home.asp and http://www.ink4europe.com/ stock the Canon i865 ink tanks. Both ship to Ireland. Pricestorm delivery is free. Not sure about ink4europe's shipping costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Anyone know where/what is a decent dvd disc printer. Are the themals any good, cause one for sale on bigpockets for £49

Ive got lots of DVD's and was interested in getting a DVD printer a few months back but was put off by posts I saw on the forums in AfterDawn.com saying not to use them. A few posters were saying the printing process imbalances the weight of some discs and can seriously damage the player's lens. Is there any truth in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

no.

i've never had that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Shamrok wrote:
    Ive got lots of DVD's and was interested in getting a DVD printer a few months back but was put off by posts I saw on the forums in AfterDawn.com saying not to use them. A few posters were saying the printing process imbalances the weight of some discs and can seriously damage the player's lens. Is there any truth in this?

Think it was more a case of putting labels on them Shamrock, rather than printing directly

Advertisement