Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Slick Rant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DeVore wrote:
    I knew someone was gonna pull me up on that. Ok 22 dominates A2 and any other hand with a 2 in it that isnt 22 but seriously, anyone playing those in early/mid position (if at all!) should have their head examined. :)

There is an old post on here somewhere from you explaining why you like to see a flop with 72s!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Marq wrote:
    You are an utter jambag.
    Seconded. Motion passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

hehe, look at those odds for the AA vs KK vs AK vs AQ

68.3% AA
    11.3% AK
    9.9% KK
    10.6% AQ

cool eh

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is an old post on here somewhere from you explaining why you like to see a flop with 72s!
    Really?? I wouldnt doubt it, some of the plays I made in feb/march make me cringe now!

Last night I was in a very strange hand. UTG raises the 100 blind to 1000 and is reraised by an UTTER ROCK NOOB lady to ~2000 all in. I'm in the BB and I have plenty of stack and I look down to see KK. Ok, normally I'd be all in in a flash but I'd been at the table for an hour and had a good feel for it. I could smell AA in the air but what are you gonna do with KK? I call and UTG calls like a flash. Now I know I'm in trouble.

Sure enough the cards go on their backs and I am facing AA, not once but TWICE!! Needless to say nothing came for me and they split my chips :(
    (curiously, its better for me to find two hands of AA then just one! :) )

PHB would call anything with anything. I've seen him do it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

just for the record I got busted with AK twice the other night as well as KK and QQ, and on each occasion it was with rubbish hands...

Me: Raise 2,000
    Caller: All-in 3,500
    Me:hmmmm.. call

Me: KK
    Caller: 79d

Flop: xx9
    Turn: x
    River:7

DOH!!

I'm really getting sick of it, I know they say you'll catch them in the long run, but maybe I'm playing the wrong hands, maybe I should be folding kk and playing with 79d for example....

maybe I'm just glad I got this rant over before I sit down with you lot tomorrow and lose my stack in the first pot when I go all in on 72o

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I recommend playing 79d and chucking AK. You're right, its the secret winning strategy for poker. Tomorrow would be a good day to start!

DeV.

Advertisement