Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My IOL problem

• 19-08-2004 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I posted a while ago about having a problem with my BB and now here's the final reply.

We have done a full line check and nothing seems to be wrong up to the main point in your house.
    However if your line is say in another room on another point then it is probably giving you ping issues cause of degragation in the other line, IOL can do nothing about this.

Why didnt they tell me this like 6 weeks ago and i could have had it fixed by now.

Can't belive they dont check all these things right away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

you expect them to check YOUR internal wiring? heh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

He didn't say he expected them to check the internal wiring. He was complaining that he had to wait 6 months to be told its his internal wiring that was causing the problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

"Can't belive they dont check all these things right away"

there also only advising him it MIGHT be internal wiring they also cannot say it is or isnt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hellraiser

Yes as Ciaran said i was saying why didnt they check that first and say well try it downstairs and see does it work ok.

And they call those guys you ring techies.
    I'm a a desktop technican and i always check every single thing, its my job.
    Never knew that a different point could affect my BB though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

if there is a Sky Dodgybox or a Display phone sharing the line with BB then the line could be electrically degraded. There should be no more than 4 devices including the DSL modem ....in total . All should be in series.

HTH

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hellraiser

I have 2 points in my house.
    1 downstairs with phone only with filter of course
    1 upstairs with phone and ADSL modem in it.
    Nothing else at all.
    Going to try changing the wiring and see does it help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Lockup

I can tell you for a fact you'll be charged for any line repair past the master socket by Eircom. And its not cheap either. I had a problem with IOL BB aswell which was disconnections not ping degragation. A loud crackling on the line was fixed by getting a new dsl splitter. Now no more dissconnections. Seperating cables around the modem might help aslo.

Advertisement