Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard problems

Options
  • 19-08-2004 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

My " symbol and my @ symbol are now switched. If i go to type @ Ill get " . How do i fix this annoying problem!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

It's to do with your Regional Settings. Go to the control panel and locate your regional settings. Set it to 'English, Ireland' or similar. It is probably now set to US format which messes up your keyboard and your date formats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

bigred wrote:
    It's to do with your Regional Settings. Go to the control panel and locate your regional settings. Set it to 'English, Ireland' or similar. It is probably now set to US format which messes up your keyboard and your date formats

I have everything set to English, Ireland but it hasnt changed :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Bigred's suggest will fix it - try it again and make sure that your Regional OPtions are set to English, Ireland.

DOn't foget to click OK to apply the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

If you're on XP:

Regional and Language Options -> Languages Tab -> Details - that's where English (Ireland) - Irish should be used for the keyboard. Changing the Language settings on the first page of the Regional and Language Options will not change the keyboard layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Cheers for the correction DUN - I was thinking of the user locale settings! :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement