Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voicemail Icon

Options
  • 19-08-2004 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Why is it when you get a voice message the voicemail icon doesn't appear on the screen and the screen doesn't read new voicemail listen now?
    I know it isn't a problem with my phone because it works on the UK networks. So why do the Irish networks not have this feature, they just send you a normal text message instead to le you know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Which mobile phone do you have? and what networks have you used in the UK?

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I used it on a SE K700 on Virgin Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

It seems that both Orange and T-Mobile (Virgin Mobile use their network) in the UK use this "voicemail icon" feature but O2 and Vodafone (In the UK and Ireland) don't - you just recieve a text message each time someone leaves a voice message in your voicemail box. Sorry :rolleyes:

- Neil

Advertisement