Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glitch with my GTA: Vice city save??

Options
  • 19-08-2004 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Recently i have started playing GTA Vice city ( yep first time ) and ive used no cheats or anything like that. Im after buying the strip club and am on the mission "cop land"

But now for some reason ive noticed that when i want to change clothes in it i walk into the shirt icon but nothing happens and i stay in the default clothes.I wanted to try the mr Vercetti clothes but it wont come up.And now im noticed aswell when i walk into the rampage icons nothing happens?

Is it because im at a certain point in the game or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

joe123 wrote:
    Recently i have started playing GTA Vice city ( yep first time ) and ive used no cheats or anything like that. Im after buying the strip club and am on the mission "cop land"

But now for some reason ive noticed that when i want to change clothes in it i walk into the shirt icon but nothing happens and i stay in the default clothes.I wanted to try the mr Vercetti clothes but it wont come up.And now im noticed aswell when i walk into the rampage icons nothing happens?

Is it because im at a certain point in the game or what?

It may be that you are in the middle of a mission?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It may be that you are in the middle of a mission?
    nah. you can change clothes during missions and, afair, the rampage icons disappear once you start a mission.

sound slike your save file is borked bro, revert back to a previous one if possible :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

OK I restarted and got pretty far in the game around "to mess with the man" or something like that but now all of a sudden when i try and load that save once it says load succesful a blank black screen is all I can see???

What is going on with the game? Its a borrowed game and there are finger prints and a scratch on the back of it but my ps2 is new so it couldnt be that?

The fella i borrowed it off never had a problem with the game he finished it but whats going on? It will load when i take out the memory card and start back at the beginning but when i try load the save it comes up black screen and my other "crazy fecked up save " still loads!???

Anyone know whats the hell is going on? I cant face going through all them missions again to have another fecked up save.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chilisupra

I'm having the same exact problem you are and i'm about to go crazy!

I have two saved games on my ps2. One game i'm really far in and that's the one that's glitchy. I go to load it, it says load successful, but then all i get is a black screen.

The other game loads fine and I can play that, but it's only about an 1hr into it. Which leads me to believe there is a glitch in the other save.

If you figured out how to fix yours, please post it! I'm 60+ hours into the game and really don't want to lose it.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

You see, now you'll know to use different slots when saving GTA, it a game that fecks up a lot with saving. Sorry to be of no help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Are you's using 3rd party memory cards? ie ones not made by sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

IIRC there's a bug with VC, where if you put more than one vehicle into a garage it can **** up the save game. I haven't experienced it myself, but it could be your problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Moriarty wrote:
    IIRC there's a bug with VC, where if you put more than one vehicle into a garage it can **** up the save game. I haven't experienced it myself, but it could be your problem?
    true dat.

saving at the ice cream factory is another way to **** up the game as well afaik (well done dma :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah if you save at Cherry Poppers it'll corrupt the save.
    Well it does on the PS2 anyway, I never risked saving there on the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chilisupra

thanks for the help.
    it's not a 3rd party memory card.
    i think i received the cherry popper fate, I think that's where i last saved. Anyway, thanks for the help, i think i'm gonna go beat up my gta disc.

is there some sort of cheat where i have all missions complete. i can't see doing all that again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

If you play GTA the boring (via the 100% completion guide, as i do after i finish the missions] the first time rounnd) they are actually a piece of piss.

Yeah Vice City missions are simple if you have all the packages collected, all the rampages, paramedic/vigilante/fire/pizza missions done.

If you do all that before you start, you'll have no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

that ice cream factory thing happened to me yesterday on my xbox version. the game didn't get released til about 18 months after the ps2 release and the lazy ****s didn't fix the bug. what a load of ****e

Why did you save there?
    I never go near that place, it's the lowest earner and so I just forget it.

Advertisement