Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling reputation, How ?...

Options
  • 19-08-2004 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Disabling reputation ?..

I understand that I can 'opt out' of the reputation points silly game. How do I disable my participation completely and for good, please ?... :) Thank you, Masta.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Its up to the admins to enable it as an option. I don't think they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No chance of just ignoring it then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Sceptre,

How can I ignore something that is obviously getting up a lot of members nose's ?..

Gandalf,

I know you have the magic 'Power'. Tell the Admin God's to enable it. Gwan, please :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

You could say that again, I was just given a negative reputation point on a thread which I did nothing wrong on. I think the problem is that when you are given a rep. point, it's anonymous, if you could see who gave it to you then you could appeal it with them if you felt it was unnecessary.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

You could say that again, I was just given a negative reputation point on a thread which I did nothing wrong on. I think the problem is that when you are given a rep. point, it's anonymous, if you could see who gave it to you then you could appeal it with them if you felt it was unnecessary.

Thanks

You think that's bad? I got bad karma from somebody who praised my post! Madness! I like receiving little comments from people, all the same, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

If someone pisses you off, you'll complain, but how likely are you to go to the effort of praising someone? I know i wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I would praise people, especially if they make me laugh.

I'd be reluctant to give people bad karma unless they truly annoy me.

Thats the problem, everyone gives out, but nobody praises. I am really getting angry with these random negative points I am getting on threads which I have said/done nothing wrong. It's so frustrating when your on -22 points, how are you ever expected to come back? and 90% of my negative points have no reason beside them, what-so-ever??!!

It would be great if I could cancel the points system all together!!

Also, Thank you to those who have been supportive!! :)

Thanks Again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Thats the problem, everyone gives out, but nobody praises. I am really getting angry with these random negative points I am getting on threads which I have said/done nothing wrong. It's so frustrating when your on -22 points, how are you ever expected to come back? and 90% of my negative points have no reason beside them, what-so-ever??!!
    Why don't you just not give a fúck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I judge a poster on past experience. For example, RicardoSmith has a nice big red mark beside his name, but I think he's actually a fine poster. Better than a lot of others...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Meh, I get / give out good karma quite alot. Mostly if I answer someones questions or they answer mine. I don't espically like the system, but I suppose its a small way of repaying someone who helps you.

Meh, I get / give out good karma quite alot.
    -1 reputation points. That'll teach you to open your big mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I've been tenderised.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Paddy20 wrote:
    Sceptre,

How can I ignore something that is obviously getting up a lot of members nose's ?..

Gandalf,

I know you have the magic 'Power'. Tell the Admin God's to enable it. Gwan, please :eek:
    By ignoring it (radical suggestion and all)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Maybe they're not random, maybe people genuinely don't like you?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think I've only given bad karma once tbh. I generally give karma for something I find hilarious (I don't read the humour boad), or if someone posts something in an argument that I entirely agree with.
    That said, I don't give bad karma to those I disagree with. I have no problem with the system, but I see how it could be frustrating :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

TBH i only ever give nagative karma to ecksor, cause it makes him cry and cry and cry into his pint.

You know I love yea babe

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

And each time he leaves a little note blaming me for his lack of a life because I won't ban him from the site :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ecksor wrote:
    blaming me for his lack of a life

well in fairness Eck
    everything is your fault!

• Advertisement

Hi,

I know in the past I may have said a few things that annoyed and frustrated some people, but I realised the errors of my ways and that boards.ie and it's members deserved better. So, in turn I have tried to listen more to my fellow posters; and to be honest, it's a whole lot better now.

P.S. This is not just an attempt at trying to get + points I am been sincere, but if you feel it necessary you can.

Thanks Guys,

Youssef

P.S. This is not just an attempt at trying to get + points I am been sincere

Youssef

Please Read, I was not trying to get points. And this is exactly the sort of stuff that I was talking about, people punishing me for when I write something positive, I was thanking boards, and it's members not criticising them.

Next I'll be thanking those who have not given me negative points.

Thanks alot... :o

P.S. This is not just an attempt at trying to get + points I am been sincere, but if you feel it necessary you can.
    Jebus you might as well paint a red target sign on Stimpy's forehead.

Beruthiel wrote:
    well in fairness Eck
    everything is your fault!

Yea, she's right it is all your fault. Damn you ban me.

In fairness though I did feel bad about crussing little old ecksors hopes and dreams so I gave him some postive karma as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Why not just mash the keyboard into notepad, copy it to the clipboard, then paste it into both the textboxes of the change password screen before logging out. Hey presto, you can't log back in. If you ever *do* get desperate to post again (and you will) you'll be able to go through the rigamarole of recovering your password without bugging me to unban you again.

ecksor wrote:
    without bugging me to unban you again.

I don't remember bugging you to unban moi. In fact this is your fault. You banned me one day for afew hours, and I felt free, at long last free of this adictions to generate endless amounths of crap. O how good it felt o yes it felt good. So I bugged all the admins to ban me again, to put me on that list with utility and the like but o no, boards would be lost without me, and all that. What ever would we do without you here to control Amp.

So I say it again ecksor, "Thats abite harsh".

Hi,

I know in the past I may have said a few things that annoyed and frustrated some people, but I realised the errors of my ways and that boards.ie and it's members deserved better. So, in turn I have tried to listen more to my fellow posters; and to be honest, it's a whole lot better now... Now that I've found move over butter, with only 10 times the carbohydrates of normal butter, you'll never look at yourself the same way again. Move over butter, it's liek theres a party in your mouth and all of boards is invited. .

P.S. This is not just an attempt at trying to get + points I am been sincere, but if you feel it necessary give them to ecksor, god knows he needs some love'n .

Thanks Guys... o behave,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Paddy20 wrote:
    Sceptre,

Well, I dunno. Does it get up your nose? I can't see why it would bother anyone too much but maybe that's just me. The funny/sad thing is that the people complaining about the amount of points they have seem to be getting hammered when they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yes, it is getting so far up my nose. It's starting to come out of the top of my poor head :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

mmm.k
    I've been trying to figure out the karma thing (to see if it works like in real life)
    So there I was like an idiot giving everybody loadsa good karma just to see how my own developed and although it does increase slightly quicker (ie: when one person gives you good rep, you gain five points) I'm still questioning if it works on the same basis with those who give out lots of bad karma. (or by giving good karma seems to prevent your own from being raped so quickly when given a negative)
    should know by next week.

...so life like...

Advertisement