Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Arcades

Options
  • 20-08-2004 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd let people know of a new site I found, which keeps a database of where you can find arcade games. There are a few Irish Arcades there, but not many games. i can't remember what games each arcade has, so hopefully people here can add to the database and help everyone.
    The site's at http://www.arcadelocator.com/ and I have nothing to do with it. I just think it's a cool idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

Agree, that way I can avoid them...why do people feel they have to congregate around a video screen when the stuff is expensive and of poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

That website just goes to show HOW poor the arcade industry is in ireland, just all this GENERAL CRAP, no real classics ! every arcade should atleast have 1 2d fighting game = Dr Quirkies. eh eh, NO, i think they once had KOF , moosney has Marvel vs cap 2, well back in the day.
    i was in singapoore 2 years ago i went to this arcade, proper arcade, amazing SNK vs Cap 2 posters outside etc, you buy a card,(3$ or so), you have around 5 or so credits on a card and you use that, 1 section was dedicated to fighting games, SF3, SnkVsCap2,SFA3, SF ex2+3 , KOF and loads more, NOW THAT WAS AN ARCADE.

dr quirkes recently brought in Outrun 2 ! i spent like 15 euros on just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Gah, sick of the arcades around here. Went with two friends of mine a few weeks back, we all threw €2 into a game, played 3player co-op... I think we got about 3 minutes out of it. What I found odd was that it doesnt reduce/add to the number of enemies/difficulty depending on the amount of players..one of them played it on 1-player mode, and he didnt last more than 20s.

And why dont we have these guitar games? A friend in the US took some pics of her arcade, and they had games where you grab a guitar and play along with tab/chords that flies across the screen.

Would much prefer to play them than step on a dancemat...I really cant imagine what'd happen to me if I started playing all the expert levels :|

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I think they used to have one of those guitar games in Dr Quirkeys. Definatly played it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, they had Guitar Freaks (they still did as of 2 months ago). Great game, spent a fortune on it, but the last level on Expert was very very difficult...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

well if you dont last longer than 20s you suck and should go home,
    arcades are fun mainly play shooters can get 10 - 15 mins out of some on 1 euro :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The arcades here and other places are ridiculously expensive. Hopefully Sammy's Atomiswave hardware will change that to some extent, but for now I'll just play games at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Time Crisis 3 is great in the arcades :D . Me and a friend complete the all the games in the series in the co-op mode in the arcades. On the second however it only cost us 2 euro each to complete the whole thing. Well chuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Irish arcades are Sh1te.

Id rather sit at home playing with my balls :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

The arcades here and other places are ridiculously expensive. Hopefully Sammy's Atomiswave hardware will change that to some extent, but for now I'll just play games at home.

Oh man, i cant wait for sammy to arrive with their new releases *heres hoping*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

There's plenty more in Ireland that could go on that list. I'll have a look around, sometime.

Advertisement