Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Avatar?

Options
  • 20-08-2004 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

How do I use a Custom Avatar? I have searched for answers but have had no luck.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

You have to be subscribed...

now go search for info on how to subscribe:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You have to subscribe to boards.ie costs 50 yoyos a year but you will be helping with the up keep of boards and the admins drug habit

Edit-damn you simu ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Thanks Guys, I'll see what I can do about the €50 a year, after all I am only 16.

Also, what other features do you get with the subscription?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Thanks Guys, I'll see what I can do about the €50 a year, after all I am only 16.

Also, what other features do you get with the subscription?

Thanks!

You also get a custom tagline, a journal to keep a diary of your thoughts;) and a prestigious @boards.ie email address and of course the warm fuzzy feeling inside because your helping to keep the admins subdued with cheap booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Redshift wrote:
    You also get a custom tagline, a journal to keep a diary of your thoughts;) and a prestigious @boards.ie email address and of course the warm fuzzy feeling inside because your helping to keep the admins subdued with cheap booze.

You sir, are a bloody disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Redshift wrote:

Hmm... Lets way them up against what I could get without paying, how about that.

----Pay
    For Free----

Custom Tagline -- Barley Noticeable

Journal -- www.blogger.com

Boards.ie email -- I have a G-Mail account

Warm fuzzy feeling inside because your helping to keep the admins subdued with cheap booze -- Doesn't Bother me in the slightest

So TBH, I'll pass on the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

I wonder how many people are actually interested in paying? I don't think it sounds worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Lisapeep wrote:
    I wonder how many people are actually interested in paying? I don't think it sounds worth it!

TBH, to keep boards open, I'd pay 50 euro a year. 50 euro a year isnt a lot compared to other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Lisapeep wrote:
    Personally it's more for giving something back as opposed to getting something from.

Although I haven't resubscribed yet so my comment is slightly lighter in weight than it will be soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I dunno, 50 a year seems a bit steep for a whole lot of features I don't want... pfff a journal bah! @boards.ie email... prestigious??! pah!
    tbh a one-time charge of €x to setup 1 tagline and/or 1 custom avatar would suit me better... with the ultra-constructive and mega-helpfull posts I make here they should be paying me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As part of the subscribtion would it not be a idea to remove all banner adverts as well when the user logs in with there account?
    Slashdot.org do this as part of there subscribtion.

I know people properly use adblock, but it still could be counted as a feature of the subscribtion,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Atm most of the subscriber features aren't working because of the move to VB3.
    There are quite a lot of subscribers, not sure how many though.

You also get red and black furry stars (gone since VB3, back soon (i hope)) and 1000 pm folder.

Tbh I'd pay €50 to keep boards open, subscriber features or not. But I do want my stars back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement