Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone give me an idea of where NTL Broadband is enabled?

• 20-08-2004 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

I hate eircom, they're screwing me over on a 54.99 a month rental, for 512/128. Where NTL offer 1500/256 for a fiver cheaper, and a 30GB a month cap. This sickens me. I am just wondering does anyone have a list of the exchanes enabled... ?
    Although, NTL is Cable, right? It wouldn't be running through the exchanges...?

Well, could someone please fill me in. Im clueless, I rang up NTL about 5-6 months ago, asking about it, they told me it would be up in my area "soon".
    Im living in Dublin/Lucan, BTW.

Also; anyone have any idea why I am able to go over my 8GB a month cap without any changes to my bill?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

NTL doesn't have a traditional cap. It's a 'guideline' meaning that if u go over the 1 gig a day limit nothing will be done. Constantly go over it tho and you'll get a phone call, asking you to cut down. Keep going over and you'll be charged. So, basically, there's no cap. Yeah ntl is cable, and to the best of my knowledge it was available in lucan from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

'they reserve the right to charge'...does not mean they do..see previous posts on this.

not the only area they are reaching 'soon' :-)

ring them and give your street address....1800 234 234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Thanks guys for the info.

I though the cap was a definate charge...

Heh, because, my sister had been downloading some huge 500MB file, it restarted about 10 times, I checked the bandwidth I had used and it was at 17867/8000 :eek:

But last months bill was actualy a little less, so :cool:

And i've been putting off ringing them cos I knoew they're going to say "NO" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh those were the days, when a 500meg file seemed like such a huge thing. Now i download alot more than that a day, lol. *rubs his 1.5mbps connection* ohhh it's sooo gooood!!! Lol, you'll enjoy the speed man dont worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Achilles wrote:
    Ahh those were the days, when a 500meg file seemed like such a huge thing. Now i download alot more than that a day, lol. *rubs his 1.5mbps connection* ohhh it's sooo gooood!!! Lol, you'll enjoy the speed man dont worry.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I've already closed one thread like this in the past day or two. As I said in the last one, phone NTL - or at least stick to the current thread that's discussing NTL rollout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement