Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What am I doing wrong?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

cormie wrote:
    ...m50 roundabout...

a roundabout on a motorway? only in eire eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

vector wrote:
    a roundabout on a motorway? only in eire eh

Unbelieveable isn't it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just to be pedantic, there aren't any roundabouts on the irish 'motorways'. The motorway limits stop before you reach any of the roundabouts via sliproad or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It is a roundabout to get onto the m50. Not a roundabout on the m50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

cormie wrote:
    It is a roundabout to get onto the m50. Not a roundabout on the m50.

alright so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

But none of the roundabouts are free flow. Only in Ireland for that matter alright :rolleyes:

kbannon wrote:
    Just to be pedantic, there aren't any roundabouts on the irish 'motorways'. The motorway limits stop before you reach any of the roundabouts via sliproad or whatever.

Theres no slip road to the roundabout on the northern end of the M50 it just goes straight into a roundabout. But it is the end of the motorway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Can't fully remember but I think the motorway stops well before the roundabout so that stretch is presumably the N32.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

kbannon wrote:
    Can't fully remember but I think the motorway stops well before the roundabout so that stretch is presumably the N32.
    Strictly speaking, the roundabout between the M50 and M32 (over the M1, not the second smaller roundabout) is part of the motorway system. However, it is helpful to have it like this to stops people missing the exit for the M1. This will be one of the first junctions to be upgraded, to allow freeflow right turns from the M50 and from the M1 southbound.

So today was my last day doing the run.

I made it for the 5 months on the M50 being an L driver with no plates without being pulled over. Infact, the guards saved me €1.50 coming up behind me in the tollbridge queue, I was ushered on for free;)

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    So today was my last day doing the run.

I made it for the 5 months on the M50 being an L driver with no plates without being pulled over. Infact, the guards saved me €1.50 coming up behind me in the tollbridge queue, I was ushered on for free;)

Can you let us know your new route, so we can avoid it. :rolleyes:

Can you let us know your new route, so we can avoid it. :rolleyes:

Ricardo Ricardo Ricardo, haha.

who knows where my new adventures may take me.

Not to mention by the way that another guy who drove 4 people to the same place was stopped twice (well that's how many times I saw him pulled over by a cop) on the m50 in the time I was doing the route.

Well I never broke the limit except one day I was daydreaming on the changeover from 70 to 60, just for about 20 seconds though.

Advertisement