Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Feedback

Options
  • 20-08-2004 7:51am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to know if people would give me a few ideas for my personal web site. It php-fusion so i want a few ideas to make it look individual.
    I have a few bits and pieces written to add which i will be doing in the next few weeks but i'm travelling atm so its a slow proccess.
    Any comments welcome, also if anyone has an ideas for logos please let me know as i don't have an artistic bone in my body.

TomTom's Gaff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A link might be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Click his name and you get a drop down menu. Click "Visit TomTom's homepage!" and you're there.

http://www.spunge.org/~tomtom/

First impression for me is that with so many links and so much text on the home page alone, you're hit with far too much information at once. Looks very professional though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

well, except the logo there is nothing different when looking on other 100 sites based on http://www.php-fusion.co.uk

you have to create your own theme , there is plenty info on fusion forum about it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

i was using a different theme but went back as i like that one. I am looking for ideas for pictures and ways to make is look a bit more individual.
    I will remove the bit where you have to be registered to access the mms thing for a while so people can test it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

where there is limit what you can do with CMS as there is plenty of txt on the page.

I am working on my php-fusion at the moment and i know it's not easy .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

One thing I find difficult with sites like that is that it is not clear from the home page what the purpose of the site is. There generally isn't a lot there to make me want to stay or return to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

It looks good but a clone of all the rest of them kind of sites. It seems like everyone has got one these days. I think you need to make it unique. maybe you could make an index page from scratch using your own design, but keeping some of the links!

Good luck with it!
    mada

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

Excuse my ignorance, but is that a blog site? I sometimes think everyone has one except me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Tis not a blog site, but might add one to it. Cheers for all the feedback. Think I will start with your sujjestion mada and have an origional index or as other suggested make an individual theme for it so it looks unique.
    The idea of the site is just a personal one, but i want to add a few thinks to it to make it a bit more unique. I have registered a domain name (anycraic.net) and i plan on giving away the 100 e-mail addresses that come with it. I want to add mobile features to the site (not as it buy ringtones) for uploading mms to an album, which at the moment works and is cheaper than an mms. I hope to purchase some sms bulk accounts to offer certain services to members of the site. I also will have a mobile equivelent of the site (via wap) so people can check said e-mail account and upload news, blog entries (if i add that) and the like. Its all just ideas in my head atm so i would love people to suggest features for the site.
    At the moment you have to join the site to access the mms and photo album areas but i will change that.
    Thanks for all the help so far.

Advertisement