Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Script to remove tool bars?

Options
  • 20-08-2004 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I know it is possible to remove the toolbars when opening a new screen from a link with Javascript but is it possible to do it from a web page that a user just browses to?
    Google give loads of example of the pop up method but not the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭talos

I don't remember, but try this:
    window.onload = function a 
    {

put the code from the examples, to remove the toolbar

}

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm pretty sure the Javascript permission model doesn't allow you to change the attributes of the current window, you'd need a digitally signed Javascript to do it.

adam

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

create a pop up which opens a new page which contains code to resize to the viewers screen res.
    Hoever most people (incl. myself) hate pop-ups!
    Otherwise don't do it - Im sure your visitors would be quick to leave if you started changing their current window settings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Its for a web application with limited access where the tool bars are not needed.
    The space is needed so toolbars have to go.

thanks guys.

Advertisement